Official LX570s Picture Thread (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have new ideas for LX570 running board replacement options? Rock slider steps that look fairly stock? Would love to see some pics!

Tossed my old tent on the LX to get some photos of it to sell (just the tent). Now I can’t decide if I want to sell it 🤦🏻‍♂️

80FF5AEB-5708-49B5-B288-B53809CA5318.jpeg

Tossed my old tent on the LX to get some photos of it to sell (just the tent). Now I can’t decide if I want to sell it 🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 2632899
Holy wheel well batman! Whats the difference in atmospheric pressure between your tire and wheel fender? Begging for you to put those big tires on.

is there something wrong with it? if not leave it on and enjoy it!

No, it’s in perfect condition. My family of five has just outgrown it. I’ve been sleeping out on the ground for a few summers now. Wife and kids love and want to keep it but we have ground tents that also work fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

No, it’s in perfect condition. My family of five has just outgrown it. I’ve been sleeping out on the ground for a few summers now. Wife and kids love and want to keep it but we have ground tents that also work fine 🤷🏻‍♂️
What you need is a hammock!

Can you get an annex for it? Seems like you could extend its life by adding some sort of extension to it. Kids up top and parents in cots below?

Can you get an annex for it? Seems like you could extend its life by adding some sort of extension to it. Kids up top and parents in cots below?

We have an annex for it, but I’ve never used it 🤔 Not a bad idea.
I can think of all the reasons to get rid it, like higher center of gravity, worse fuel mileage, useable roof space taken up by it. But maybe we’ll try that annex for a trip. I’ll have to do a test setup beforehand 👍🏼

Edit: ...and don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy every trip, even sleeping outside of the tent. I have all my backpacking gear and am plenty comfortable. It hasn’t rained on me yet either.

What you need is a hammock!

I’m a side sleeper, and while I know there are some “flat” hammock designs, I haven’t tried one yet.

We have an annex for it, but I’ve never used it 🤔 Not a bad idea.
I can think of all the reasons to get rid it, like higher center of gravity, worse fuel mileage, useable roof space taken up by it. But maybe we’ll try that annex for a trip. I’ll have to do a test setup beforehand 👍🏼

Edit: ...and don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy every trip, even sleeping outside of the tent. I have all my backpacking gear and am plenty comfortable. It hasn’t rained on me yet either.

I know how you feel. We are perfectly happy in our ground tent.

But you already own it and it is on your truck so might as well see how it goes. At a minimum you can use it as an opportunity to get some pictures of it in the wild, fully setup.

Picked up a pretty minty 2009 w/76k miles, TX truck it’s whole life. Super excited to join the club and start exploring. It’s so cool to have a supremely comfortable daily driver that’s also so capable. Planning to go out to hidden falls while it’s stock to check it out and when existing tires wear down switch to 17’s or 18’s. Cheers!

DA299B0A-E2DE-4F2D-B8C2-A8D09C50FE92.jpeg

73889218-AB3C-4BA5-AADE-D5B58BC8A0D7.jpeg

CAA42499-524F-4E20-9D93-49EDF40C86F6.png

On the way to Alstrom Point in Lake Powell. Not a terribly difficult trail, but great varied scenery and epic vistas.

1617330454817.png

Wasn't aware of the drama, but the lakes lower than I remember it from 6 yrs back?

Nice spot you found yourself there. I saw another well built out '16+ LC coming out the trail while I was headed in.

Get some sliders before hidden falls :)
Yeah it’s freakin rocky out there! I’ve got an XR650R that I take with me but gnarly rocks aren’t very fun on 2 wheels. Is the consensus to trim the existing running boards or splurge for LC rockers?

Yeah it’s freakin rocky out there! I’ve got an XR650R that I take with me but gnarly rocks aren’t very fun on 2 wheels. Is the consensus to trim the existing running boards or splurge for LC rockers?
Trim. If you don't like it or screw it up, you can always buy LC rockers then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom