Events/Trails OFFICIAL LCDC 10 Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm assuming most folks will stay for the evening event on 8/1 and checkout/leave on 8/2?

That's what we tend to see during mid-week events. That's one of the downsides of when we've done events that run Thursday-Saturday. Lots of folks need to head out Saturday night after trails to make their commutes back home.

Our plan is to be in town through the weekend.

Same. Torn between camping like I should be doing or splurging for the comfort of a hotel in town. Probably depends on whether the teenage daughter wants to go or not. No way I'm spending a week straight with that level of moodiness in a tent for a week.
Booked a room at the Ouray Inn in town. It's cancellable up to 48 hours out. So at least something is booked and can figure something else out later if need be. The KOA still had campsites available too last check.

I'm staying Saturday thru Saturday if anyone is there early and wants to drag a Ouray first timer around pre-event exploring.

Last edited:
Same! Where do folks suggest staying?
Registered and campsite reserved at Camp Sites – 4J+1+1 RV Park & Campground - https://www.4jrvpark.com/camp-sites/ unless a group option presents itself. Wife and daughter will be with me again and we're all excited to reconnect with you all.

Playing on the dunes at LCDC6
View attachment 3580235
Got a ticket! Now just need to book somewhere to stay.
Like @Kurosawa, I just secured a spot at 4J +1+1 RVPark - RV Park, Campground - https://www.4jrvpark.com. Like last year, I will have my military trailer with the RTT, my 4 yr old daughter, 13 yr old daughter, 15 yr old son, and at least one more adult TBD.

Let me know if you get in and plan on driving through Utah. Maybe we can meet up and hit a (local to me) trail or two together.
I made it in! Will drive a few hours toward Vegas on the 08/01. Still working on the schedule heading back through Utah.
There are a lot of really fun trails outside of St. George UT and it will be a few degrees cooler than Vegas that time of year. (They have Sand Mountain if you like playing in Sand Dunes)
Thank you for the recommendation! Will look into these trails.
To beat the heat for a bit here in Vegas take Wheeler Pass up and over the Spring Mountains to Pahrump. There's a few other shorter out and back trails in the Spring Mountains as well to get some elevation and cooler air.
These trails look good, thank you! Started watching YouTube videos on some of them. Hopefully I’ll get in early on 08/02 and be able to run them.
Former vegas guy here. Dm me and i can give you some trails to try suitable for the big 200.
Thank you! Sending a DM shortly.

I made it in! Will drive a few hours toward Vegas on the 08/01. Still working on the schedule heading back through Utah.

Thank you for the recommendation! Will look into these trails.

These trails look good, thank you! Started watching YouTube videos on some of them. Hopefully I’ll get in early on 08/02 and be able to run them.

Thank you! Sending a DM shortly.
If you want a great guide I highly recommend this book. Great history and very accurate directions
Nevada Trails Southern Region https://www.amazon.com/dp/1930193149?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I'm assuming most folks will stay for the evening event on 8/1 and checkout/leave on 8/2?

That’s our plan… and likely many others.

That's what we tend to see during mid-week events. That's one of the downsides of when we've done events that run Thursday-Saturday. Lots of folks need to head out Saturday night after trails to make their commutes back home.

Our plan is to be in town through the weekend.
I feel like a Pro… stayed for the dinner last year and THEN we started the 15-16 hour drive home.

It will be nice to stay in Ouray an extra day or two after the event this year though. Always nice to get a relaxing day with some hiking in to stretch the legs before parking my ass in a seat for the drive back (especially this one which will be ~21-22 hours with a trailer in tow)

I feel like a Pro… stayed for the dinner last year and THEN we started the 15-16 hour drive home.

It will be nice to stay in Ouray an extra day or two after the event this year though. Always nice to get a relaxing day with some hiking in to stretch the legs before parking my ass in a seat for the drive back (especially this one which will be ~21-22 hours with a trailer in tow)
I am headed out toward Vegas after dinner.

I have a similar drive time, a bit longer, out to CO from DC.

Booked a room at the Ouray Inn in town. It's cancellable up to 48 hours out. So at least something is booked and can figure something else out later if need be. The KOA still had campsites available too last check.

I'm staying Saturday thru Saturday if anyone is there early and wants to drag a Ouray first timer around pre-event exploring.
There are always trail runs in the days before and after, both planned and spontaneous. Folks will start posting plans as the event gets closer, but as Ouray is a pretty small town, you can just get up every morning and head to the coffee shop in the middle of town and then start following all the people in 200s as they go by 😂

I'm also staying at Ouray Inn.

For those still considering, it appears a miracle has happened and there are still a "few tickets left" as far as eventbrite is concerned as of this morning. Of course a big reason is because of the 100 rig capacity.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 9.35.47 AM.png

For those still considering, it appears a miracle has happened and there are still a "few tickets left" as far as eventbrite is concerned as of this morning. Of course a big reason is because of the 100 rig capacity.

View attachment 3589964
That is awesome. Wonder how many total rigs will be involved. Would be so cool to get to 100 and see them all in one place.

Are radios required/recommended for the trail runs? And if so any recommendations or suggestions for a good choice to buy?

Looking for any reasonable excuse / justification to the boss to put money into mods on the truck prior to the event...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom