TLCA Official 2021 Rubithon Greenwood's IFS Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started prepping Fatty

D3C86B5E-9B5B-40BF-A8F8-F03B69B91BC4.jpeg

2B9D617C-49D3-4323-B5C0-77F6D2FE49C2.jpeg

Looking for recommendations (reasonable rate on lodging) on where to stay on the 22nd & 23rd before proceeding to Loon Lake on the 24th.

I would look for a hotel in Georgetown or go up to Tahoe and stay on South shore

I will be camping at loon Weds night. I think our plan right now is to stage in Tahoma and head in from Cadillac on Monday. Set up at Rubicon springs. then work our way backwards to Loon

I will be camping at loon Weds night. I think our plan right now is to stage in Tahoma and head in from Cadillac on Monday. Set up at Rubicon springs. then work our way backwards to Loon
That means by Wednesday, you've already ran Rubicon the other way around - Tahoma to Loon Lake, and back on Thursday to lead the IFS Run. Wow, that entails a lot of energy.

That means by Wednesday, you've already ran Rubicon the other way around - Tahoma to Loon Lake, and back on Thursday to lead the IFS Run. Wow, that entails a lot of energy.
Correct. I don’t know how much energy I will use. I just sit there and give it gas. Simple enough 😃

39 days. hope you guys are getting ready

Well Guys i just got notice that they will NOT be doing the dinner this year . Still everything else . There will be a refund for the dinner so Plan on bringing extra food .

Check your winches . Run them out and make sure everything is working . Go through your recovery gear . And also your First Aid Kits . Make your self a cheat sheet of torque specs (We will not be able to watch you tube ) on the Rubicon

Check your winches . Run them out and make sure everything is working . Go through your recovery gear . And also your First Aid Kits . Make your self a cheat sheet of torque specs (We will not be able to watch you tube ) on the Rubicon
Jeff, I'm still saving for my winch. But may I request for the list of at least the minimum recovery gears I may need (aside from the winch). I might be able to procure some before the event. What I only have are shackles. If, there's an alternative (cheaper) than the ARB RK11 kit, would appreciate your recommendation. Thanks.

Monching you are fine you ran it last year with me . More to the point is to check your stuff . Just because you used your winch 6 years ago make sure it works now . Same for First aid kits Know were things are at .

You could invest in a good tow strap

I have sent out emails to all that i know that will be in this group . If you did not receive one please let me know . And no Monching i did not send you one since i talk to you .

I see a trailer in your group. I've thought about how that would work myself. We saw a few RTF guys with trailers, but they obviously have run those trailers up and down with lots of practice. How did it go for them?

The trailers add another level of difficulty for sure but are nice to have them at camp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom