OEM Wiper blade part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2011 GX460
I ordered what I thought were the correct 2011 wiper inserts from Bell Lexus. The driver side fits (snugly) and passenger does not fit (too snug).

Appears I have the "disposable" Lexus blade assy on the car with the flip up cap? Ok, whatever, lesson learned.

Looking at buying new Lexus blade assys (from Impex) so I can use inserts, and the part numbers are different for 2010-2014 and 2015-2023. But the arms are the same P/N. Leads me to think this was a blade assy design change only.

Educate me: Any reason to not go with the newer part number set (thinking parts will be available longer)?
I looked at pictures and they are similar but the "feet" mechanism is different with the older style having both feet on a pivot and the newer style having one inner foot on the plastic. Can't tell if it was to reduce cost or make an improvement.

Left blade assy 85222-48130
Right blade assy 85212-53081
Left insert 85214-68020 or 85214-02340 (Amayama vs Bell Lexus)
Right insert 85214-53090 (replaces 85214-0E140)

Left blade assy 85222-60260
Right blade assy 85212-60210
Left insert 85214-02340 (replaces 85214-52110)
Right insert 85214-60120

If you have OEM frames the blade refills used on 10-23 will work

Just put these refills on my ‘12 from Bell Lexus

As you have seen if you have the disposable frames then refills won’t work

If you have OEM frames the blade refills used on 10-23 will work

The problem is Lexus has L branded wiper blade assy's that you can't replace the inserts on, I know Bell Lexus has it detailed on their wiper insert ebay listing. I was fooled into thinking the wipers that came on our "new to us" lexus could have the inserts replaced because they had the Lexus logo on them, but I wasn't correct.

I bought the 2015+ inserts the OP listed and they have been fine, but I have a 2017 so ymmv.

Yes exactly, I since discovered I have "disposable" frames. I managed to remove the insert but the sizing on the rubber blade insert is different so the new replacement inserts don't fit.

Since I need new Wiper Assy frames that accept inserts, trying to decide to go with the earlier or later model part number.

Yes exactly, I since discovered I have "disposable" frames. I managed to remove the insert but the sizing on the rubber blade insert is different so the new replacement inserts don't fit.

Since I need new Wiper Assy frames that accept inserts, trying to decide to go with the earlier or later model part number.

Just go with the newer ones...typically Lexus doesn't change a part due to cost cutting, its due to improvements. Then do a rain x treatment and get the rain x washer fluid and you will be golden. My last rain-x treatments have lasted a year and are still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom