OEM Toyota power steering gear FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. Just received a reman steering gear box from cruiserparts.net for my 79 40 and they sent the wrong box. The fittings on my hoses don't match the box they sent. The ports on the box they sent are larger than the fittings on my hoses. My hoses are original. When I check on the Spector site the hoses are the same from 79 to 84 on the 40s. Is it possible that the valve portion of the box that has the line ports is from a 60 series?

you said thay sent the wrong box. the 40 and 60 series boxes look nothing alike. i think you may have the wrong hoses. pic of the box would be helpful at this point.

you said thay sent the wrong box. the 40 and 60 series boxes look nothing alike. i think you may have the wrong hoses. pic of the box would be helpful at this point.

The box itself is correct but the input section where the lines attach may be wrong. The hoses didn't change according to spectors site for the 40s. We'll see what cruiser parts.net comes up with.

Please clarify, this is a FJ40 PS box, not a mini truck box? The mini truck box return hose size changed 79-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom