OEM Front Suspension Spacers in '16 TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After searching and reading threads about oem front suspension spacers, I couldn't find info regarding model year 2016 and if they have spacers installed from the factory. I'm installing 275 70 18 KO2s on my stock wheels (after an unsuccessful search of New England for RWs) and would like to lift the front end 1". Doing the work myself and wouldn't want to take apart the front suspension and find the spacers already in there. If anyone has intel, I'd appreciate it. Only off-roading the truck sees is some bird hunting duties on logging trails, no need for a bigger lift.

Why not go 285 65 18? That will fit stock wheels without any lift.

Why not go 285 65 18? That will fit stock wheels without any lift.
Good question. Might be splitting hairs here, but I like narrow tires for snow, etc., even though the difference will be around .5" from 285. Also, from what I've read the 275 70 will fit without rubbing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm 99.9% sure that there were no stock spacers on the front struts when I had mine replaced.

I'm 99.9% sure that there were no stock spacers on the front struts when I had mine replaced.
Thanks. Short money to gain 1" of travel.

Have others confirmed the 2016 Land Cruisers DO NOT have the factory front spacers? Went by the dealership today and one tech said if it's a factory part all Land Cruisers have them, which I explained was certainly not the case on 2008-2015. Another tech confirmed what I said but still seems to think the 2016+'s got them. They said if the install begins and the spacers are there I am still on the hook for some of the labor so I don't want to make that mistake.

Have others confirmed the 2016 Land Cruisers DO NOT have the factory front spacers? Went by the dealership today and one tech said if it's a factory part all Land Cruisers have them, which I explained was certainly not the case on 2008-2015. Another tech confirmed what I said but still seems to think the 2016+'s got them. They said if the install begins and the spacers are there I am still on the hook for some of the labor so I don't want to make that mistake.

Can confirm that none of the 2016's 2017's or 2018's have them. I have a 17 in my showroom now. It's fairly easy to tell, there's about 10mm of extra bolt sticking out of the top of the nuts on top of the shock tower.

Here's the one in the showroom...
image1.jpeg

Here's the same pic on mine after install...

image2.jpeg

Here's the one in the showroom...
View attachment 1554741

Here's the same pic on mine after install...

View attachment 1554744

Perfect, thank you so much! Just went out to the garage, the bolts on my 2016 look just like the first picture of the 2017 in your showroom. Hopefully I can get the spacers installed in the next few months and level the cruiser out a little more, the rake isn't awful but bringing the front end up 3/4" will definitely improve the stance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom