Odd Mirrors on FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at an FJ60 that has odd mirrors. The support is a sort of metal elbow that mounts to the door in two places. The mirror rests on the top of the elbow. There is at least on rig the the photos of readers' rides with the same mirrors.

Any body know the story on these? Are they a dealer add-on, or are they an aftermarket thing, or are they a factory thing?

Andrew

Last edited:
My buddys '87 had those on it. They were stamped with Toyota, so they must be a factory part. His were black, and I sure wish I could find a set. If you dislike yours, I would gladly trade you for a set of stockers.

Hodag

Are they like these? These are the ones fitted to Australian spec 75 series cab chassis.
Made by Britech
exotic cruisers (Small).jpg
HJ75 001 (Small).jpg

They are similar to the ones you have shown, roscoFJ73, but they are chromed and the metal of the elbow is thicker. I figure that these are made to see your load when you tow stuff.

Andrew

daddyo said:
They are similar to the ones you have shown, roscoFJ73, but they are chromed and the metal of the elbow is thicker. I figure that these are made to see your load when you tow stuff.

Andrew

Daddyo ,the ones on the table are a cheaper knockoff of the Britech but the ones on the 75 series are the real thing and are marginally thicker.
They are useful for towing but their main purpose is to see around the tray that is fitted to 90% of the 75 series.

Mirrors with multiple mounting points were not stock on any 60 series; the closest would have been a dealer-installed towing option, but definitely not Toyota OEM.

There's about 8-12 different 60 series mirrors depending on the market, trim-level and era, most of them door mounted but at least 2-different fender-mounted mirrors (including a powered version). All of them use a single mounting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom