Auto-Vox V5Pro mirror / camera install FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to install the Auto-Vox review view mirror / back up camera in the Fj60. Anyone do this before ? I am looking for the correct mounting bracket ? suggestions ?

mirror.jpg

For what this is worth, I'm in the same boat. I had ordered a nice bracket from Wits End back in the summer. I finally had to do a charge back to get my funds back as that company has fallen on bad times. Stay away from that. I saw Trail Taylor install one of those or something like it and he just glued the mounting piece to the windshield like most modern car are done. You can scroll through some his builds from a year ago to see it. I'm a month or so out installing mine and I have considered making my own version of the Wits End piece only without the machined bits and pieces. Good luck.

For what this is worth, I'm in the same boat. I had ordered a nice bracket from Wits End back in the summer. I finally had to do a charge back to get my funds back as that company has fallen on bad times. Stay away from that. I saw Trail Taylor install one of those or something like it and he just glued the mounting piece to the windshield like most modern car are done. You can scroll through some his builds from a year ago to see it. I'm a month or so out installing mine and I have considered making my own version of the Wits End piece only without the machined bits and pieces. Good luck.
Crap. I just ordered that Wits End bracket this week. I got an email confirmation for the order. pretty expensive for what it is, but it was the only solution i have found. I hope it ships.

I started working on rear view mirror bracket design last week. I would love a map/dome light up front in my daily driver 60 and I’m going to size it for an available stock Toyota dome light and the stock mirror for easy install, but have given thought to aftermarket mirrors and dash cam mounting options. Anybody want to send me dimensions on the aftermarket mirror mounting?

I just did this. Works great with the Wits End Mirror bracket.

I just did this. Works great with the Wits End Mirror bracket.

How long ago did you order that? I had ordered the same bracket back in August and never heard a thing.

How long ago did you order that? I had ordered the same bracket back in August and never heard a thing.
The date on that thread is May and ordered it about a week earlier. I know Joey seems to run out of these quick. Call them and see when he’s running another batch.

Crap. I just ordered that Wits End bracket this week. I got an email confirmation for the order. pretty expensive for what it is, but it was the only solution i have found. I hope it ships.
I would do a charge back now if I were you.

I would do a charge back now if I were you.
I wouldn’t. Joey is a trusted small vendor. I’d call and wait. I ordered multiple things from him, one being a new horn pin. It didn’t come with the mirror but did show up a month after. I would call/email and be patient. That mirror bracket is well worth it.

I wouldn’t. Joey is a trusted small vendor. I’d call and wait. I ordered multiple things from him, one being a new horn pin. It didn’t come with the mirror but did show up a month after. I would call/email and be patient. That mirror bracket is well worth it.
There’s about 12 separate threads in the “Bad Sellers Beware” section that say otherwise. Well over 100k stolen.

There’s about 12 separate threads in the “Bad Sellers Beware” section that say otherwise. Well over 100k stolen.
Thief… Joey is not. Disorganized… for sure. Too each his own… He shipped me mine. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Use search function literally hundreds of posts about wits end. I have never dealt with him but obviously a lot have and are missing serious money.

Use search function literally hundreds of posts about wits end. I have never dealt with him but obviously a lot have and are missing serious money.

I’m not looking for any info here so no need for me to “use search function”. I’m well aware of how that works.

I had no idea Joey had gotten himself in this much of a jam with people. I knew his wife got sick and that was wreaking havoc on the fam and the biz. My wife and I own a biz and she got sick… I know what it’s like to try and keep it all on the rails while your family is going through that heavy sh!t.

I’ll be quiet now defending him. He made damn good products and is/was a good guy. Sad to read all that.

Good luck with the mirror… hopefully someone else pics it up. Maybe @Snicklephritz87…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom