Odd E-locker Trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked at the threads and can't seem to find a similar issue as what I'm running into. (I have the 7-pin mod and the center diff lock switch installed. For your reference.) When I engage the center diff lock and then try to engage the rear diff, it won't engage and stay engaged if there is any pressure (tension). But if I shift to neutral and/or coast, or idle in reverse it will stay engaged.

I have popped the actuator guard off and tapped the actuator to see if it was just a solenoid problem, but while listening with the engine off, the actuator motor still works. While going on a recent test run in a gravel lot, it stayed engaged under pressure for a minute and then disengaged with a loud bang. Now with the center diff off and even in 4-hi, the engaged light still comes on (during normal driving) and while turning into my driveway it gave a loud bang again.

So, could the slot/hole that the pin engages into have a beveled opening and the pin be misaligned? Could something similar be happening and the actuator be not fully engaging? Could the retraction side of things also have issues?? Weak return springs???

Should I remove the actuator and inspect the pin? Will anything pop out if I do that?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Blue 60

I would guess that the locker its self is OK but the electrical control is messed up which is turning it off and on randomly. I would start by inspecting the wiring for shorts. What happens with the front locker when both are turned on?

Nothing. It turns on and off with the dial. No issues up front...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom