October ROTM - Casner #8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Traffic on 17 sucks! I need a beer.

Disappointed to have not made it up, have a great night all.

Although we got there late and left early, we still enjoyed the time in the woods. Great campsite, as always.

PXL_20201011_171438944.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20201010_211703051.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20201010_211722301.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20201011_005214902.jpg
PXL_20201010_231629348.jpg

Man, really bummed I missed it this year. The weather looks like it was perfect up there for camping👍

Hoping its back to normal for the next one!

Hoping its back to normal for the next one!

I agree, sure everyone is hoping for a better 2021. Hopefully a vacine will be well in place long before November. Need to keep on top of getting at least one permit for next year.

Bumping this up. Hoping it might have been discussed at last week's meeting. Only thing I heard is a new camp site needs to be found. October is just around the corner. Time for permits is now?

I just called in and I got a week. The week is August 2 - 8, certainly not an ideal time. I did email Michael at the Forest Service to see if someone might be willing to trade a week in October for my week in August.

Even if I am not able to get the week of October 3 - 10, I will most likely be camping up on the rim the weekend of October 8 - 10. So, put that on your calendars.

Stay tuned.

I just called in and I got a week. The week is August 2 - 8, certainly not an ideal time. I did email Michael at the Forest Service to see if someone might be willing to trade a week in October for my week in August.

Even if I am not able to get the week of October 3 - 10, I will most likely be camping up on the rim the weekend of October 8 - 10. So, put that on your calendars.

Stay tuned.
I'll be coming back from Yellowstone that week in August, so I'll miss it. Looking forward to an October trip.

I don't recall if I'm on the list or not but please remove me. I'm moving and won't be making this one. :(

I should be in Montana in early August, but camping in October sounds great!

I have to be back in the valley the following week and should be able to make the early August run. May be a good chance to get my wife's 4Runner out. Planning on camping on top? Hoping we get a monsoon otherwise forest on top could closed. Do they allow a run up and back down in that case? August would be an opportunity to find a new camp site for October? Besides a good chance the old spot will be occupied sounds like it's pretty trashed.

My daughter just bought a 4Runner and might want to come allow if it doesn't fill up with club members.

I guess with everything closed we will have to wait for the Forests to open up again. Outdoor opportunities in this state just seem to get worse and worse. But still glad I didn’t choose Colorado the pothead state🙄

I guess with everything closed we will have to wait for the Forests to open up again. Outdoor opportunities in this state just seem to get worse and worse. But still glad I didn’t choose Colorado the pothead state🙄

The date on the official run was early August. Most likely will be cancelled. If you read the reasons for the closures it's easier to understand. They are short of personal to fight fires and doing everything they can to prevent more. Unfortunately there are always those who feel the laws to not apply to them. Those are the ones who will have a campfire regardless. Easiest way to prevent that is make it illegal to just be there. They do not have the resources to patrol and catch people with an illegal campfire. 2018 lost more than fifty structures from the Tinder fire. People with the illegal campfire will just go somewhere else. Like most things no easy answer. The current political candidate running for Senate claim he is going to stop drugs and do away with gangs. If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Arizona. Just not that simple.

Last edited:
While the forest is open again under stage two restrictions. Which means no campfire. But unless it's cools off a bunch by early August I'll pass on camping. We are a little warmer than the rim and been in the upper sixties for the low. I would pass on the run itself if I didn't have air. Dusty roads at the base do not sound like any fun. Heat and dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom