OBX pics *warning.... no 'real' wheeling content* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.iluvrocks.com
...just some cool pics from the biatch.

My buddy giving Junk a salute

Beach_205%20002.jpg

haulin butt down the beach (much easier after deflating)

Beach_205%20004.jpg

little hazy one evening, but a cool pic

Beach_2005%20007.jpg

a cool local mercedes

Beach_205%20026.jpg

and finally..... Junk's so full of $#!^ that his house had to be raised to get above it :D

Beach_2005%20054.JPG

should be in trail rides events etc....

desertdude said:
The outer banks - One of my top ten favorite places in the USA

I'll second that! man your makin me home sick for the right coast...

-Matt

Any waves or was it flat?

the day after the foggy picture (which was at dusk and the main reason it's so dark looking) the waves were pretty angry. Surfers were out there in wet suits, but were having trouble actually catching anything as they broke almost immediately. about 3'-4' though I'd guess. pretty decent for OBX...
the water was............ COLD!!!

sorry i apparently placed it in the wrong *area*
I figured it had pictures of my 80 in it :rolleyes:
will know better next time

The water is always a tit bit nipply out there. What part of the OBX were you at? I'm heading down to Ocrakoke in a week or so. Love that place. Then catching the ferry over to Portsmouth island.

Nice pics,

I was just down there monday. Took the 80 out on the inlet....I will definately agree with the comment earlier. The Outer Banks is one of the coolest places ever. i have been down there every year since i was born. My older borther lives in kitty hawk for the summer right now. I got there at 4:30 Am and watched the sun come up on his front porch. He is so lucky, his house is ocean front.

Nevertheless, nice pics....

we were up in Corolla, right behind the Food Lion

I ran into a waiter there that had an 80! lift, roof rack, and a tube bumper on front with a big ol' stinger.
i told him about Mud, so maybe he'll jump on sometime...

I agree that OBX is cool, but it's gotten sooooooo built up in the last 5 years, there are almost too many people there now :(

Chris, it has gotten way too built up but still awesome compared to Va beach or myrtle. I know who you are talking about. correct me if im wrong but he drive a two tone grey, or just all grey 91 or 92. I was in corolla last year and was in my 80 when it was stock and talked to him. He is a really cool guy...and yea he has a huge front stinger. nice rig though

when i lived in PA i always went down there... Now i live in St. Augustine becuase it is almost exactly the same as the outter banks just with warmer water.

I was down there 3 weeks ago and the water in Nags Head proper was cold, but we went down to Hatteras for a day and it was quite a bit warmer south of the light house.

I also saw that built 80 and was wondering if he was on here. I guess he gets around a lot.

Ary

I've been going to OBX since '69 Back then you had no bridges and you had to take 3 ferries to get ti the Oracoke ferry. The changes to OBX since then have been HUGE. But I still like to hang out in Frisco camping and eating fish off the boats.

Klunky Chris said:
it's gotten sooooooo built up in the last 5 years, there are almost too many people there now :(

Last 5 years... :rolleyes: Try the last 15-20. I remember going down there in the early 80's (might have been the 70's) as a kid. It was way cool, almost nothing to do but ride your bike play on the dunes and hit the water. Pops went marlin fishing and some of his frinds took up surfing. Last time I went down there a few years ago it was the same old waterfront houses and typical beach front with mini golf and bars. I did like the fishing (damn croakers) and it beats alot of other places but it's not the rural get away it once was. Too bad too. :cheers:

desertdude said:
I've been going to OBX since '69 Back then you had no bridges and you had to take 3 ferries to get ti the Oracoke ferry. The changes to OBX since then have been HUGE. But I still like to hang out in Frisco camping and eating fish off the boats.

Neat. My friend that i visit down there lives on Cedar Island, off Lola road. There is a ferry there to get you to Okracoke; and it's also where you put in a flat skiff and manover your way out to drum inlet (awesome fishing). You can only get in and out of there at high tide. My friend has been hunting and fishing those parts since then. He says that it used to truely be wilderness. I can't imagine as now it's pretty desolate. :beer:

Boring pic but its from last year on the ferry from hatteras to ocracoke when the 80 was stock....We just went for a day and ate at "jason's" i recall it being really good.

BD
Brandons pics 052.jpg

BTW just curious.
Does Tim Nolte Surfboards ring any bells?

My older brother is down there for the summer working during the day for tim making surfboards, he has become good friends and tim often picks him up early in the morning in his van and takes him to his secret spots of OBX. pretty awesome summer job and his house is on the beach, front porch in the sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom