OB's IRIE SAUCE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll have to try that.

Not sure if this is a repeat but the OB's is just killer in my Chicken and Peanut stew. I have to add it to taste later as my family is not much into hot foods, especially the :princess:. But it adds that perfect kick.

Chicken peanut stew.JPG

I use frozen, boneless chicken breasts or thighs and cut them up after I brown them. And I usually use more peanut butter than it calls for. I have used chunky peanut butter for more of the peanut taste. I have also started putting rice in when feeding more people or for variety,

CHICKEN AND PEANUT STEW

1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs

¼ cup finely chopped shallots (or sweet onions)

2 stalks celery, chopped

1 carrot, coarsely chopped

2 tsp olive oil

2 tblsp curry powder

1 cup beer

4 cloves garlic, minced (I prefer at least one whole bulb)

2 bay leaves

3 large tomatoes, chopped (optional)

1 15 oz can sliced Italian style stewed tomatoes

1 chili pepper, seeded and chopped (I use an Anaheim pepper, good flavor, very little if any heat)

2 tblsp chopped parsley

½ cup peanut butter mixed with ½ cup warm chicken stock (I use at least half a cup of peanut butter)

1 tblsp salt

4 cups chicken stock (or however much it looks like you want for consistency, I use ½ to ¾ that much usually)

4 tblsp chopped cilantro

If you want rice;

However much cooked rice you would like to add, if you so choose

In a large non-stick sauté pan, sear chicken breasts for one minute on each side over high heat, and set aside. In the same pan, sauté shallots, celery, and carrot in one tablespoon oil for about 5 minutes over a low flame until softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and toss to mix well. Slowly add the beer and continue stirring as the curry begins to thicken. Remove from the heat.

In a large stockpot, sauté garlic in the remaining oil over medium heat for a minute, until garlic begins to brown. Add chicken (I cut it into bite size pieces at this point), bay leaves and tomatoes (I use a can of sliced stewed tomatoes and a couple of diced fresh ones), and simmer for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the curry mixture to the chicken and tomatoes, followed by the chili pepper, parsley, peanut butter and salt. When all is well mixed, add stock and simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Sprinkle in cilantro and serve. Serves eight.

At this point you can add as much cooked rice as you want. I really haven't timed it with uncooked rice but there's no reason it wouldn't work, if you cooked it long enough

I need more of his spicy sauce..

Never saw the online store before, makes ordering easier :)

Guess I could have linked it ;)

Man it’s been one crazy year! We’ve been working on selling our house in SC and relocating to Hawaii. We are still selling pepper sauce so order up.
We want to give Marshall and the guys at Trollhole Cruisers a BIG UPS for getting our Hippo ready for the trip cross country!!! She ran perrrfect.
We have tons of pics of our journey I’ll try to post up later. Time to find a house and some work.
Much thanks for all you guys support and love!!!!

C74943C8-E270-4971-9F0C-F5D5A4BDEA74.png

43952BD7-9B61-498F-BB8B-09BB188B98D4.jpeg

7F0B43C7-0314-41E9-B597-7014D3CE64C8.jpeg

B33F9174-BCAF-4668-B28A-40F5F1EC661B.jpeg

3AFCF5E5-0E06-4AA1-AA2D-9B7633EE03B0.jpeg

Hey?!?!?!?! Lol

Well OB1, it has been a while. Didja make it to the islands yet?
Where is the Hippo?
Didja find a piece of dirt to start growing your peppers?

Still my favorite sauce.

@Trollhole
Well trollyho did ya ever find out about OB Wan?
Wonder if he will meet up with @Aloha Jen ?
She might could help him find a patch of dirt to grow his peppers.
I used to see his Land Cruiser a lot, it was parked right around the corner from my house for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom