O2 sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to do the PAIR removal on my 94. What brand O2 sensors do you recommend. Bosh, ngk, Toyota?

Toyota if you want the best. Denso if you're on a budget.
Denso makes sensors for Toyota, but the ones you buy from Toyota are made in Japan, Denso branded ones are made elsewhere (usually in US).

The OBD2 rigs have Denso, the early 1FZ came with NTK. NTK 24044, for Cyls. 1-3, can use for both, only difference is the longer wires & NTK 24080, Cyls. 4-6, some places charge more for the shorter wires.

Our Corolla runs better wout O2s hooked up, just have to relearn the computer on cold weeks....

I don't think we are talking about corollas here?

Last edited:
For pair removal....just pop your current o2’s in the manifolds. are your current ones shot? Giving you on and off codes??

The pins on the plugs down near your cats are notorious for corrosion depending on what climate you are in......cleaning pins and throwing some dialecteic can improve intermittent code throwing. Moving em up near your manifold will help alleviate that water intrusion/fouling of the pins/erratic voltage codes.

If u need new o2’s - I’d vote Oem toy as it’s pretty much one and done once u move em up for the next 120k.

I did mine when I had one of the sensors went bad. If your sensors are working I’d just move them up. They’ll be a lot easier to change out in the future. To answer your question buy the oem kit. It has everything you need and you won’t have to replace it for another 20yrs.

The Toyota P/N for the complete O2 kit is P/N 89465-60110, it includes 2 new O2 sensors, 2 new sensor gaskets, along with 4 new sensor nuts. When i replaced mine the factory kit turned out to be a little less money then the aftermarket Denso O2 sensors.

Ok.
The Toyota P/N for the complete O2 kit is P/N 89465-60110, it includes 2 new O2 sensors, 2 new sensor gaskets, along with 4 new sensor nuts. When i replaced mine the factory kit turned out to be a little less money then the aftermarket Denso O2 sensors.
Good deal I will go that route

in the USA i would go only with Toyota kit of 2 sensors and do not look back

89465-60110 - Toyota Parts Deal

a less then a year ago i had a problem with one of the original O2 sensors a was waiting for the 1995 Toyota free of charge O2 sensors Recall Toyota Israel was waiting for the recall kit from T Japan it took to long and i dont like to drive Check Engine on I ordered the a 35$ unbranded O2 sensor inside the box was NTK 24044 I installed it and it worked perfectly no more codes and CEL on

o22.JPG

when the parts arrived for Japan the new Toyota sensors were made by NTK and identical to the NTK sensor from Rockauto unfortunately they had to take it from me
After 23 years of backyard mechanics Enola gets here day at Toyota dealership

My truck runs fine . No CEL. But honestly I couldn't tell you if the CEL even works. I can probably move the existing o2 sensors but figured I would replace them while doing the project. I need to purchase a scan tool for the truck but haven't really found one for obd1

My truck runs fine . No CEL. But honestly I couldn't tell you if the CEL even works. I can probably move the existing o2 sensors but figured I would replace them while doing the project. I need to purchase a scan tool for the truck but haven't really found one for obd1

you have 94?? its OBD1 ! no scan tool for you. You have only one option

TOYOCOM

for day to day drive i use the old model OBD1READ for troubleshooting I use TOYOCOM

you have 94?? its OBD1 ! no scan tool for you. You have only one option

TOYOCOM

for day to day drive i use the old model OBD1READ for troubleshooting I use TOYOCOM
Looked at that but never in stock .ill I keep checking until it comes in and give it a try

Looked at that but never in stock .ill I keep checking until it comes in and give it a try

I would join the TOYOBD1 Users group on Facebook and private message Jean-François Breton the creator of the device and ask to be put on a waiting list. He is very responsive and helpful.

I would join the TOYOBD1 Users group on Facebook and private message Jean-François Breton the creator of the device and ask to be put on a waiting list. He is very responsive and helpful.

Already done that on behalf of @graham5david I helped Jean With 1FZ-FE he was not aware of 2 O2 sensors in the beginning. Jean moved house so he is allot on his hands

TOYOFAN is on stock it costs 30$ more but you can control electrical Fan and temp over heating alarm

TOYOFAN

Toyota o2 sensors only. I used to use the NTK but they would go bad almost exactly at 1year regardless of miles.

I finished it today .

you have 94?? its OBD1 ! no scan tool for you.[/QUOTE

That's not quite true, there are OBD 1 scanners available. I own, and use the Snap On MT2500, since it is no longer made by Snap On you can find them with tons of extras on EBay, for cheap. That scanner with the correct cartridge will read all the codes, and systems on an OBD1 car, or truck, plus it has updated software available that allows you to use it on cars, and trucks as new as 2009. snap on mt2500 scanner | eBay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom