NW Peoria AZ GX club members, need some help please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I have had a 03 GX for many years and recently gave it to my 19 year old son because he wanted to make it an overland truck. I wanted to see if there are other guys we can meet up with as we did a lot of work to the truck but it just does not feel 100% to me after the Bilstein 5100's and a lot of other work including all front end parts, timing belt kit, and on and on. Shops in our area dont seem to know much about the truck other than stock, and know if I could get a couple guys who have these and have lifted them would drive it for me, somebody will know what I am missing or did wrong etc. or if its all in my head....Also I had a guy (friend of family story) change timing belt with Aisin full kit/waterpump buy I feel like something is not right now as it seems to not have as much power, and getting worse gas mileage on trips, along with about every 4-5 times we start it, it takes a few extra seconds to start (never did that before). I also think the motor sounds different under load up a hill pulling our boat this weekend. Just struggling to find some guys who have these and have already done all this work, and know what it should feel like now after Bilstein 5100 etc.
I am in NW Peoria AZ, please reach out if you are in this area with a GX you lifted etc, thanks!!

Hi guys I have had a 03 GX for many years and recently gave it to my 19 year old son because he wanted to make it an overland truck. I wanted to see if there are other guys we can meet up with as we did a lot of work to the truck but it just does not feel 100% to me after the Bilstein 5100's and a lot of other work including all front end parts, timing belt kit, and on and on. Shops in our area dont seem to know much about the truck other than stock, and know if I could get a couple guys who have these and have lifted them would drive it for me, somebody will know what I am missing or did wrong etc. or if its all in my head....Also I had a guy (friend of family story) change timing belt with Aisin full kit/waterpump buy I feel like something is not right now as it seems to not have as much power, and getting worse gas mileage on trips, along with about every 4-5 times we start it, it takes a few extra seconds to start (never did that before). I also think the motor sounds different under load up a hill pulling our boat this weekend. Just struggling to find some guys who have these and have already done all this work, and know what it should feel like now after Bilstein 5100 etc.
I am in NW Peoria AZ, please reach out if you are in this area with a GX you lifted etc, thanks!!
Have you changed the tire size and/or added any significant weight with armor/sliders/etc?

Have you changed the tire size and/or added any significant weight with armor/sliders/etc?
No, I did add a rack and ladder. I think its timing issue, going to open covers in next few days and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom