NOW OPEN - 4x4 Labs Group Buy - Closing Feb 28, 2022 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man...this is a bummer. Had no idea there was a group buy going on until end of August. Anyone know if we can still slip in an order?!

BUUUUUMP: Just talked to Ian at 4x4Labs and said that they didn't get any activity on the group buy. Anyone else still interested? I'm in Houston and could do a DIY or a full bumper - open to either, and may be able to split up shipping with anyone else local-ish.

Happy to take the lead if we can pile up a list on short order of what y'all might want/need. They need approximately ~10 orders to make this worth the effort.

Let me know - thanks folks! 🤠

BUUUUUMP: Just talked to Ian at 4x4Labs and said that they didn't get any activity on the group buy. Anyone else still interested? I'm in Houston and could do a DIY or a full bumper - open to either, and may be able to split up shipping with anyone else local-ish.

Happy to take the lead if we can pile up a list on short order of what y'all might want/need. They need approximately ~10 orders to make this worth the effort.

I'm interest. I need a rear bumper full build for my 80. Sorry I'm in Connecticut can't split the shipping with you, but I'm definitely on for 1 bumper.

Still the usual 10% discount?

I'm interest. I need a rear bumper full build for my 80. Sorry I'm in Connecticut can't split the shipping with you, but I'm definitely on for 1 bumper.

Drop me some info or post in here what you're looking for @SILVA FZJ80 - i.e. fully built or DIY kit, dual swings, carrier options, etc. No worries on splitting shipping, just tossing that out there in case others are located in Tejas (and chasing DIY kits...fully built likely ship standalone anyway).

Still the usual 10% discount?

Yes, that's my understanding @nuncaperdido - let me know if you're interested, just drop me some details.

I’m interested. Looking to get a rear bumper.

Drop me some info @Cornhusker - I'm ready to get moving on this and will talk with them in the morning with a general update on any momentum with the multiple orders.

Drop me some info or post in here what you're looking for @SILVA FZJ80 - i.e. fully built or DIY kit, dual swings, carrier options, etc. No worries on splitting shipping, just tossing that out there in case others are located in Tejas (and chasing DIY kits...fully built likely ship standalone anyway).

Yes, that's my understanding @nuncaperdido - let me know if you're interested, just drop me some details.

Drop me some info @Cornhusker - I'm ready to get moving on this and will talk with them in the morning with a general update on any momentum with the multiple orders.
Thanks for your effort on this, here you go:

Rear Bumper for 80 series
*fully built
*With Flares
*Double swing outs
*Tire hold (on left)
*3 Cans (on right)
*No ladder
The delivery can be at my Commercial address with forklift

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi Rusty, Its Xerxuz from Houston. I actually missed the discount aswell. but in for one Ship to Houston Texas. I have the oem tire carrier
I can join your shipping

80 Series
*with flares
*Driver side Swing out
*No tire holder
*DriverSideLadder and 3 can holder.
*No winch
*No reverse light

Regards
Xerxuz

Thanks for your effort on this, here you go:

Rear Bumper for 80 series
*fully built
*With Flares
*Double swing outs
*Tire hold (on left)
*3 Cans (on right)
*No ladder
The delivery can be at my Commercial address with forklift

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks @SILVA FZJ80 - I'll check with them and advise on next steps (you placing the order directly or whatever they suggest) - should be all of the details needed.

Hi Rusty, Its Xerxuz from Houston. I actually missed the discount aswell. but in for one Ship to Houston Texas. I have the oem tire carrier
I can join your shipping

80 Series
*with flares
*Driver side Swing out
*No tire holder
*DriverSideLadder and 3 can holder.
*No winch
*No reverse light

Regards
Xerxuz

Is this for a DIY kit or fully built @mozartung ?

Any other takers?!?

I’m interested in a built 80 series rear bumper with flares, NO swing outs, NO winch, NO reverse lights. Thanks.

Thanks for hopping in @Jfree97 - they also offer kicker tubes along the edges of the side wings (but they're not currently spec'd on the website - add another $225 if I remember correctly, pulled them off the website temporarily for some reason).

General update for everyone interested: I spoke with Ian at 4x4Labs Friday afternoon. The original coupon code (IH8MUDSUMMER22) doesn't work any longer (expired end of August) and no one cashed in on the discount based on what Ian explained (at least in the 80's groups that I'm aware of).

He advised that it will take a minimum of 10 orders to achieve 'Group Buy' status and that he could then retroactively go in to all of the orders that are placed and credit back the 10% discount for each order (assuming the minimum number of orders are met). The quickest way to do this, cleanly, is for each person to individually place their order directly on the Labs website and then follow-up to the automatic email order confirmation from Labs stating that you're part of the Group Buy from ih8mud.

I have not established a timeframe of how long we have to get the orders completed, but will push them to leave it open until the end of September. I've already placed my order for a DIY rear bumper kit and some DIY rear cargo baskets - hoping 9+ other folks hop in on the opportunity to recover a few buck$. Worst case, we'll still end up with some nice Labs goodies, but miss out on recouping a little bit of the costs.

Note that in past attempts, we've come up short on getting enough folks who say they're interested/list all details but then never place orders (i.e., the most recent coupon code went unused), so there is a realistic chance that we won't achieve the 10% discount on any placed order if folks don't actually move forward with making the purchase - just making that disclaimer that I can't guarantee a 10% discount if folks waffle on the purchase and decide not to buy a bumper or any other goodies.

And one final note: keep in mind that Labs is a highly competent custom fab shop with a lot of skilled guys. If you've got some sort of interesting idea/concept that you're hoping to execute (maybe some sort of custom mount on one/both of the swingouts or custom racks for example), call Ian or Luke and discuss with them!

CC: @SILVA FZJ80 , @Jfree97 , @mozartung , @nuncaperdido , @Cornhusker - also sent a few guys over from the 80 Series USA FB Group - see above info! And keep in mind that the kicker tube option isn't currently listed on the website but can be done (just plan for an additional $225-ish if I remember correctly). You'll either need to call-in the order or order online/follow up via email to the order confirmation nothing the addition of kicker tubes along with referencing the group buy.

Let me know if you have any questions/issues - I'm happy to keep a running list of usernames (and personal names/emails via PM) that can be provided to Labs to ensure we have a clean list of all purchases made within the near future to support the group buy initiative. Sorry it's a bit more complicated than a simple coupon code, but we should still have success if 10+ people step up with orders. Thanks folks! 🤠

Thanks for the update @Trusty Rusty. Do you or anyone else have pics of the kicker tube for 80 series rear bumper for reference?

@Jfree97 - Pretty cool build by @jcardona1 for his custom single swing rear. Lots of high-res pics of the bumper and kicker tubes (along the top of the side wings) in that thread.

Link: Just another 4x4Labs rear bumper build, nothing to see here - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/just-another-4x4labs-rear-bumper-build-nothing-to-see-here.837701/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom