November ROTM w/camping option - FR393 to Bartlett Lake/Log Corral to Bartlett Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Dimples , do we need buns and condiments for said sausages ? I can bring whatever we need to add to the potluck

Just as an FYI, this weekend is Ironman Arizona. Why does this matter? The bike portion will be up 87 to Fountain Hills all day. Half of 87 will be closed so I imagine the return trip on Sunday for this run is going to be slow and filled with traffic.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. I would suggest an alternate meeting spot. I will come up via Bush Hwy. There is that Large parking area above the freeway there on the north side of the road.

I am a day run only as well.

Just as an FYI, this weekend is Ironman Arizona. Why does this matter? The bike portion will be up 87 to Fountain Hills all day. Half of 87 will be closed so I imagine the return trip on Sunday for this run is going to be slow and filled with traffic.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. I would suggest an alternate meeting spot. I will come up via Bush Hwy. There is that Large parking area above the freeway there on the north side of the road.

I am a day run only as well.

I don't think the actual race event is happening until Sunday, so we should be fine with the original Saturday meeting spot at Baja. Also don't want to confuse anyone with last minute meeting spot changes. ;)

Last edited:
@Abigail , you are completely correct, race is Sunday. There will be some slowdowns on Saturday, but shouldn't be a big deal. My post was more about Sundays return home.

@Abigail , you are completely correct, race is Sunday. There will be some slowdowns on Saturday, but shouldn't be a big deal. My post was more about Sundays return home.

Didn't mean to screw things up. If traffic is bad I will bail out and that's on me..... Still a day tripper only.

Didn't mean to screw things up. If traffic is bad I will bail out and that's on me..... Still a day tripper only.

No worries! We're all good. :D good suggestion if we needed to avoid the spandex people, but I think we'll be in the clear.

@Abigail , please move me from the 393 route to Log Corral Canyon. I should be truck #4 on that short, limited list. Thanks!

We are in for log corral as well I think

Roxy the cruiser pug and I are on our way, running a little late but we should be there.

We're on our way too

My daughter, Becca, and I had a great time! Thanks for putting this together.
20161119_134952.jpg

We had a great time yesterday, what a long drive! I loved the challenging off camber bits and rough conditions and am always impressed by how you can punish these trucks for 10 hours straight then just hop on the highway and cruise home at 70 without issue. Looking forward to the next one!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom