November ROTM w/camping option - FR393 to Bartlett Lake/Log Corral to Bartlett Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few folks have pm'd me about Log corral. Here is a few links to provide insight
Log Corral Trail | Trails Offroad
The Log Corral Trail: An Arizona Run to the Water | BlueRibbon Coalition

On a 5 point scale I give it a 3.5 or 4 depending on weather and experience. To make it reasonable people must have lockers and trucks with high clearance.

Right now we have just a few firm entries, if anyone else is interested we can chat at the gas station meeting point.

Looking forward to camping this weekend. The weather will be perfect

90% sure we are in this weekend. will know thursday foe sho. also debating on which trail to take .

I'm in, along with Millie the Camp Dog. Wife-unit is on the fence knowing it's not a princess approved trail run, but showing some interest.

Out of sheer curiosity; how much shorter duration of travel is Log Corral going in?

I will be solo, sans trailer as well.
For the potluck, I will bring a summer sausage, crackers and cheese. I won't be eating any of the food from the potluck as my diet has me eating rabbit food only.

I will also bring the trusty FIREBALL!

Log Corral to the lake is 9.5 miles and 393 in is about 12.3 miles. Time wise, it may be shorter on 393 but it depends on the group.

From the lake out on 393 on the pre run we made it out in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

I think we are in for the day trip. will verify by Friday.

Is a Tonto pass needed? I always carry my annual pass, but just posting the question for others, in case they do not have a pass.

We will be bringing Cleo's famous 5 layer dip and chips for everyone. Don't worry about saving us pot luck food, we will have pleanty food with us.

@Saddletramp

Thanks for the mention, but we won't be making it. We are hoping to head out for the long weekend after Thanksgiving, and down to CBT in Dec. See y'all soon!

Hey Alvis @Cruddz Tina is not camping, so there is room in my tent. ;)

Oh crap, I thought this was a PM. Everyone, please disregard.

This run is shaping up to be a big event! Very excited! :steer:

I was just thinking if we're wanting to do any sort of campfire in the evening, we should make sure to haul in wood, because I don't remember there being much of a forest at the beach! Otherwise we'll just all have to huddle around @Cruddz trusty propane fire-thing. I checked and I don't think there are fire restrictions right now? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Updated potluck list:
@Dimples dinner: sweet & spicy sausage + 4 cheese mac & cheese
@Abigail apple crisp breakfast: biscuits & gravy
@Chrismanjs homemade pumpkin pie
@Mattman plates and utensils
@brices123 summer sausage, cheese, crackers & FIREBALL
@verruckt1 a delicious salad
@rctoyota Cleo's famous 5-layer dip!
Edit: @LongDuck peach cobbler!

Last edited:
I'll be setup for Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler this run, and will be bringing in some wood - probably just enough to make suitable coals. Dutch ovens don't do well over Campfires in Cans!

This food is making me wish I was camping but I'll just be up for the day.

I'm bringing some wood for a campfire. Being this close to water it should be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom