November ROTM w/camping option - FR393 to Bartlett Lake/Log Corral to Bartlett Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@brices123 you are going to save a ton of space packing with this new meal plan. Next up will be the @Otter baked chicken in the bag with salsa, for every meal.

Keep up the progress.

I think I have seen Otter eat more Uncrustables than chicken in a bag. I can totally understand because they are delicious.:hillbilly:

smuckers.jpg

I think I have seen Otter eat more Uncrustables than chicken in a bag. I can totally understand because they are delicious.:hillbilly:

I have eaten an entire Costco size box of Uncrustables on a trip before.

My fridge is usually stocked with equal amounts of chicken, uncrustables, and beer.

Put me down for 393, not sure about camping. Because I sleep naked, sleep walk, and speak in tongues at night I need a tent to contain me. I currently have no trailer or tent.

- Chris

Put me down for 393, not sure about camping. Because I sleep naked, sleep walk, and speak in tongues at night I need a tent to contain me. I currently have no trailer or tent.

- Chris

I've got a great 2 man tent you can borrow, if you're interested. Sorry, no trailer to loan out.

I've got a great 2 man tent you can borrow, if you're interested. Sorry, no trailer to loan out.

Appreciate the offer. If you can help me set it up and tuck me in I may take you up on your offer!

Just over a week away, Potluck anyone?

Any word on the potluck situation? @Dimples Ron (sausage master) what can we bring??? I'll gladly bring the remainder of the plasticware from the last trip and I'll grab some additional plates. @Abigail is there a dutch oven apple crisp in our future?;)

Any word on the potluck situation? @Dimples Ron (sausage master) what can we bring??? I'll gladly bring the remainder of the plasticware from the last trip and I'll grab some additional plates. @Abigail is there a dutch oven apple crisp in our future?;)

Thanks, Matt and Ron for keeping this on track! I've been slacking with the organization thing, work has been killing me these past 2 weeks (really looking forward to getting outta town!)

@Dimples is there anything we can bring to assist your dishes, or are they so awesome they stand alone, no condiments needed?
- Does someone wanna grab a can of whipped cream to go along with that pie? (Insert obligatory dirty jokes here) Seriously, though...whipped cream.
- Dutch oven apple crisp will be making another appearance (unburnt) if we think multiple desserts are necessary, otherwise I'll figure out something else to contribute (biscuits and gravy for breakfast, anyone?)

I'm not sure which I'm more excited over, whipped cream or biscuits and gravy!!! :clap:

@Abigail i don't think anything is needed with my food.

Is the list of cruisers in the first post up to date for a head count?

@Abigail i don't think anything is needed with my food.

Is the list of cruisers in the first post up to date for a head count?

Ahem... now it is. :rolleyes:

I've assumed everyone is camping unless they said otherwise.

Also, disclaimer with biscuits and gravy, if they happen: I'd need to borrow an additional Dutch oven for biscuit cooking otherwise we'll have to eat in shifts, @Dimples could I commandeer one of yours in the AM?

This month's ROTM will have two options running the same day and ending at the same spot, with an option to camp at our end point.

One: FR 393 from Sunflower to Bartlett Lake. This is a very scenic road and beautiful camp spot, should be great this time of year.

Two: For the more adventurous folk, the second, more challenging option is to run Log Corral to the same spot at Bartlett Lake and meet up with the rest of the group. This option requires at least 35 inch tires, front and rear lockers, and the willingness to potentially take some damage, more than a scratch or two. Since this option is so technical, we will be limiting it to a max of 5 trucks. If there isn't enough interest, we'll all run the 393 option.

Spots for Log Corral:
1. @Saddletramp
2. @LandCruiserPhil ??

No limit for the number of vehicles for the 393 route. More info about this run can be found on last year's October ROTM thread here. We'll all return on the 393 route.

Date: Saturday, November 19; camping option to return on Sunday, November 20

Meetup: 8:00 AM at the Baja gas station on the Beeline highway; we'll depart at 8:15 AM

We'll share CB/HAM channels when we meet at the gas station. Looking forward to seeing you all!

The Confirmed 393 Crew:
1. @Cruddz ? (I think he volunteered to take the lead on this one..?)
2. @Abigail + @Shwing
3. @brices123
4. @Dimples
5. @Chrismanjs
6. @verruckt1
7. @Dissent
8. @Mattman
9. @re_guderian (day trip only?)
10. @rctoyota
12. @1Louder (day trip only?)
Put me down for Log Corral...if there are still any running this route.

If I do a day trip do I have to exit the same way we came in or can you go around the west side of the lake? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom