Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since it's wired directly to the battery that display will stay on and be a constant drain...might want to pull it out when you shut the truck off so as not to kill the battery.

Since it's wired directly to the battery that display will stay on and be a constant drain...might want to pull it out when you shut the truck off so as not to kill the battery.

Already done it. Thanks though.

These things are hot as Hades to drive. I'm gonna try to beat the door pins loose.

IMG_4533.JPG

Scratch that. Got one loose and mushroomed the bottoms of the other 3.

I'm going to take the hinges off inside the tub. Remove the lift gate. Leave the top on.

Scratch that. Got one loose and mushroomed the bottoms of the other 3.

I'm going to take the hinges off inside the tub. Remove the lift gate. Leave the top on.

Have fun doing that. Those are the hardest bolts on the entire truck to remove.

You must have small hands. :D They are notoriously difficult to reach and remove.

You'll need a flexible ratcheting crescent wrench and a lot of patience.

Air ratchet and short 12mm. Easy money on those hinge bolts except passenger top.

IMG_4567.JPG

I took off doors left hinges though. May have to put some 1/2 doors on to keep my dogs from flying out. Way scary with them loose on the seat. Edit: they can ride in the back. Those are ugly.

IMG_4561.JPG
IMG_4563.JPG

Last edited:
So after I got the top liftgate off and doors the fact that I have 2 bolts holding my top on was pretty evident.

I put rubber gaskets under the top and made these steel straps that will rust nicely and blend in. I spent way too much time trying to find nasty bolts but decided that was dumb.

IMG_4565.JPG
IMG_4566.JPG

Zero rattles now. It's awesome. Seems faster too lol

I've been considering redoing my seats because the drivers seat sits so low and I bounce off my ass on big bumps but I tossed this pad in there and boom. It's perfect and I get to keep my Patina seats.

IMG_4568.JPG

Perfect, perfect, perfect 40 weather today.

Church, Newks, fill with 93 test non-ethanol, Lou's house then home.

Runs and drives perfect. I got sidetracked on the pig but all I have on the to-do list for Patina is replacing the wiper motor for the one @Bossman gave me.

IMG_5447.JPG
IMG_5448.JPG
IMG_5452.JPG

I've been considering redoing my seats because the drivers seat sits so low and I bounce off my ass on big bumps but I tossed this pad in there and boom. It's perfect and I get to keep my Patina seats.

View attachment 1423505

Maybe a phone book? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom