Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another piece of this year long puzzle fell into place.

My wiper motor was not working and finding a new one is impossible and my good friend @Bossman pulled a used one off a windshield. Tested it and found it worked but the "bullgear" had a flat spot

IMG_6300.JPG
IMG_6301.PNG

All this sounded confusing so I've shelved the project. Of course the Parts O Pig, spring farm projects and other things have tied me up.

May club meeting was the perfect opportunity to either have someone look over my shoulder or even better get a pro to do it.

Who better than @MScruiser and Pat to help (do....direct) this.

IMG_6294.JPG

2 buckets squatted like a Pakistani and knocked it right out

IMG_6295.JPG

It's amazing. My wiper motor looked new. 48.5 years and the internals looked great. The magnets had fallen off the motor.

IMG_6296.JPG

We pulled my gear off. Put it on Bossmans donated assembly.

Bolted it up and the drivers side shaft had boogered up threads so we popped it off and put mine on.

Boom. Thanks Jerry, Pat and Andrew.

I have wipers. !!!

Not to mention the 89 mile round trip. This Cruiser really runs and drives off the chain good. Far far beyond my expectations.

"2 buckets squatted like a Pakistani and knocked it right out"

That is rib hurtin funny

I've seen that one around.

I gotta say, I like those cars, but that's gotta be the worst color I've ever seen on a Lamborghini; it looks more merlot in person.

One man's thrash.....one man's treasure.

The owner of the 74 I built needed shoulder belts so I removed his OEM lap belts.

I put them on the shelf for later but then realized how bad I hated the 60 series center belts I was using in Patina and made them work for me.

Man. What an upgrade in function and looks.

IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG

When I rewired Patina I only wired in the low beams. The high beam floor switch is new but every time I tested it I failed so I just decided low beams would do

After testing the @Racer65 headlights with a clear low and high beam I've decided to run a set of those on my 60. I'm not crazy about the looks on a classic but they flat out work and as much as I drive the 60 at night it will be good not to constantly blinding people with the Around eye/Stark LED combo

So, the Roundeyes are on Patina. They are faded and nasty enough not to look out of place and the LOW beams are pretty much all the single bulb/single housing LEDs are good for.

I just got 10x as much light on Patina and I can continue to ignore my poor electrical skills.

IMG_1200.JPG

Please be aware that LED headlights don't work on a FJ60 due to the 60 having reverse polarity headlight circuit. This topic was discussed in the 60 Series tech forum sometime ago. Sure some people have been able to modify the harness to make it work, but it is not straightforward.

Please be aware that LED headlights don't work on a FJ60 due to the 60 having reverse polarity headlight circuit. This topic was discussed in the 60 Series tech forum sometime ago. Sure some people have been able to modify the harness to make it work, but it is not straightforward.

Ah yes, I remember now!!

I tried some from another person like yours about a year ago (that cost 3x what yours cost) and I had the same problem.

Thanks for the reminder. This is why you are one of my favorite vendors. You stay on top of these things!

I will still buy some and put them on my FJ-55 and move the KC/Stark's from it over to the 60.

Back to blinding folks.......

Absolutely love this whole thread...makes me feel kinda bad for doing a full on rebuild/restomod on mine...well, not totally, but
you sure got my attention! So a quick question for you, why did you go to a split transfer case on this truck? It's definitely an upgrade, but not original in any way... Bet it sure is quiet though compared to the old one-piece box!

Cheers on a job well done!:beer:

Absolutely love this whole thread...makes me feel kinda bad for doing a full on rebuild/restomod on mine...well, not totally, but
you sure got my attention! So a quick question for you, why did you go to a split transfer case on this truck? It's definitely an upgrade, but not original in any way... Bet it sure is quiet though compared to the old one-piece box!

Cheers on a job well done!:beer:

Thank you sir

For one thing, I trusted the source @RustyNailJustin who sold it to me that it would be good. That's a big part. I could not find a local one. Also, I didn't have the right bellhousing and mount to hang the 4speed one piece case.

I'm the end my setup was fairly easy to make a crossmember for but if I was to do it over I would find the correct one piece case setup.

JimC posted up my solution earlier in the thread but AFTER we had done it.

It does drive so good though. Glad it's in there in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom