NOTICE: Ironman rear suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JunkCrzr89

Competent Ignoramoose
Threads
This is an FYI to anyone with an 89-95 US-spec 4x4 pickup. Many of the rear suspension products that @Ironman 4x4 USA have specified on their website for these trucks do NOT fit. The part numbers are below:
63312345-A872-4EB5-B466-3866AC92AD5E.jpeg

The u-bolts are about 1/2-3/4” too narrow to work with the factory lower plates that have the shock mounts. The leaf springs are nearly 4” too short (factory is 51” eye-to-eye along the arch, whereas the TOY011B are a little over 47”). Even with the longer than stock Trail-Gear shackles, the leafs aren’t even close to mounting up. The greasable pins are also too large diameter to fit through the 14mm holes in the forward spring hanger (I think Ironman’s pins are 18mm).

A77C81D6-280F-44E3-B460-9350537AA2B2.jpeg

4C3A4299-7175-4245-9655-BAF9556E91A1.jpeg

Thus far, the only product they have spec’d for these trucks that I purchased and that actually fits are the bushings for the frame side shackle hanger. I did not purchase Ironman’s shocks, so cannot say whether those fit or not, but I think that they probably do fit.

I think what has happened here is that the folks at Ironman assumed that the parts that fit the pre-97 Hilux would be the same for US-spec pickups, which is not the case.

Finally, this post is NOT meant to “put Ironman on blast”. I have contacted Ironman prior to posting here. They issued a refund for the u-bolts but have not yet responded to me about the leaf springs, though I’m sure they will after the holiday passes. I’m simply posting so that others are aware of likely fitment issues for the 89-95 pickups. I have Ironman products on a couple of my Cruisers and those fit and work fine.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and as you stated there has been some transition from Australia to here and we greatly appreciate the information so we can send that to our engineering team. If you have not gotten a response from the team, please message me on here about the leaf springs.

Update, in case anyone comes across this in the future. Adam at Ironman was a huge help in getting this figured out. The correct leaf springs for 89-95 pickups are part number TOY027B. Those leafs are 51” long eye-to-eye along the arch, with identical measurements from the center pin to the eyes as the factory leafs. They arrived at my doorstep today and bolted right up without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom