Not cruiser related.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Semi cruiser related...

Left work tonight a little early because the new guy is kindof a keener, so it was maybe 20 to 7.

I fly into the first roundabout in the 60 with my usual "outta the ****in way peasants" form, and find myself in between a gorgeous black oval window bug and a Shelby Cobra.

I continue down somenos road and there's all these little clusters of people standing on the side of the road. Most of them waving. I scowled back because this bull**** was taking too long.

As I get closer to highway 18 there's a line of 20 or more old cars and trucks...

Apparently I inserted myself into some sort of classic car parade and they thought my rusty old piece of s*** was supposed to be there 🤣🤣

IMG_4979.jpeg
IMG_4978.jpeg

On a Sterling axle.

IMG_5023.jpeg

Using my manual 3D printer to fabricate some parts. I’m adapting the Sterling sway bar mounts to fit my Dana 70 axle. The “printer” is blue and uses a spool of steel filament.

Grease that u-joint while you're under there!!
It would be a trick... That's a random picture off the internet of the Sterling axle the sway bar was originally designed for. I'm modifying the sway bar mount to fit on a Dana 70 axle housing.

IMG_5029.jpeg
IMG_5028.jpeg

They'll still require some more work with the pneumatic file but they’re getting closer. It’d be a lot easier if the axle were sitting on a bench rather than under a 5000 pounds aluminum box that’s not very far off the ground.

IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5046.jpeg
IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_5037.jpeg

Forget CAD…
SAD…

Sharpie
Aided
Design

:D

IMG_5077.jpeg
IMG_5078.jpeg
IMG_5079.jpeg

Notch removed from 2nd bracket. The foged spacers will need a bit more work, but I’ll probably wait on that until I’m test fitting the sway bar to axle mounts for the fifth time. :D

IMG_5215.jpeg
IMG_5217.jpeg
IMG_5218.jpeg

Final test fit for the sway bar mounts. Next up, brackets to mount the link ends. Getting closer…:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom