Not cruiser related.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can eggs survive upwards of 4 months on a sail boat out of the fridge? ;)

Out of the chicken yes but fridge no.

If never washed or previously refrigerated they can last a month on the counter.

Our grandparents all used to keep eggs in a water glass on the counter all winter. In a jar with pickling lime they can last a year without refrigeration.

Last edited:
You are too fast with your little fist.

Can eggs survive upwards of 4 months on a sail boat out of the fridge? ;)
Yep. Down in the bilge where it's cool.

Don't taste great near the end, but by then you're down to instant mashed potatoes and canned corned beef anyway, so you'd pretty much eat the a****** out of a skunk.

Seem to remember some people coating them in Vaseline to make them last longer.

My longest leg was around 70 days. You stop being squeamish after while.

To this day I don't bother with milk on cereal. Just straight under the tap...:lol:

Out of the chicken yes but fridge no.

If never washed or previously refrigerated they can last a month on the counter.

Our grandparents all used to keep eggs in a water glass on the counter all winter. In a jar with pickling lime they can last a year without refrigeration.

Winner winner chicken dinner..

Looking for a 4 door A-B family car. I’ve got a friend looking to buy one before his leaves him and his family stranded :(

Looking for a 4 door A-B family car. I’ve got a friend looking to buy one before his leaves him and his family stranded :(
I think this is not the thread you were looking for.
giphy.gif

If he wants a small car that's cheap, I see lots of early 1zzfe Corollas popping up these days. 98-02 are cheap and good. Just make sure it's the 1zzfe. You can get one of these cars for $1000 if he's tight on cash.

If he wants a bigger car that's a bit more money, but still huge value and reliability, look at the 06-12 Fusion with the 2.3l or 3.0l engines. We have an 09 with the 3.0l, and it's the best car I've ever owned for reliability and comfort. I did my research before buying, and these things are more reliable than same year Camry/Accord/Maxima etc. Because they're 'Ford' they're cheaper. They're around $3000-6000 and can be found as low km 'grandma' cars.

I've got a 2000 Loaded 4-door Toyota Camry. Come get it out of my driveway. I'm home from work this weekend... and then i'm off to Bradford's place, bearing gifts.

If he wants a small car that's cheap, I see lots of early 1zzfe Corollas popping up these days. 98-02 are cheap and good. Just make sure it's the 1zzfe. You can get one of these cars for $1000 if he's tight on cash.

If he wants a bigger car that's a bit more money, but still huge value and reliability, look at the 06-12 Fusion with the 2.3l or 3.0l engines. We have an 09 with the 3.0l, and it's the best car I've ever owned for reliability and comfort. I did my research before buying, and these things are more reliable than same year Camry/Accord/Maxima etc. Because they're 'Ford' they're cheaper. They're around $3000-6000 and can be found as low km 'grandma' cars.
Both interesting options... I’m checking out what Rig Pig has also

Inspecting some gear lash. This machine has the worm on top and load on the worm gear pulling away from the worm. As the Babbitt bearings wear down the worm gear sinks away from the worm creating the potential for a free spool.
C1BB2F3D-4A19-47F9-B4EC-3348C2E83D64.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom