North GA Mountain Trail Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We were up on the Traverse Friday and Saturday. We started in Clayton and got off in Blairsville. Found two campsites off of the Traverse on forest service roads that were fantastic. It was quite busy around Tallulah River/Charlie’s Creek crossing. If you go up that way don’t expect to find a spot at any of the 3 campgrounds. It was not a big deal for us though because we prefer finding a private spot to campgrounds.

What day did you roll into Blairsville? We had breakfast there on Saturday morning. Fluke timing, it was right in time for the beginning of some annual parade.

Saturday afternoon. I thought about texting you but my cell service sucked so bad I pretty much just threw my phone in the center console. Which is fine because one of the reasons I go up there is to get away from that stupid thing.

We need to plan a proper trip soon. October sucks for me though. I’m out of town on for work pretty much the next 4 weeks. I’m down for a trip in November. Windrock? I’d love to go to the ACC event but bought Black Keys tickets months ago and it’s the same weekend.

Would anyone be down for a trail ride the weekend of 11/9? I haven't hit the trails in a while and itching to get out and go. Maybe meet up Saturday morning, ride and then camp out Saturday night? Does anyone know a good camping spot maybe by a creek or by a mountain overlook?

Some folks are getting together. . .

I was planning on maybe doing Charlie's Creek or War Woman this Sat 11/9 or may be down for the ACC Family Reunion - but can only go for the day... (btw, just found this forum post...) I live in Roswell/Milton..

Anyone up for a Sunday run? I haven't done one since moving and am eager to get out there.
Quite possibly heading to the mountains tomorrow. I'll let you know if you let me know

Me and a buddy and our ladies went up to Beasley Sat morning and got after it all day. Camped and polished off every trail with the exception of the famed 93b which we will return and conquer soon! Didn't get many good trail pics but it was a little wet and a lot of steep.

IMG_3081.jpg
IMG_3085.jpg
IMG_3091.jpg
IMG_3135.jpg
41B1484B-011A-40DA-A63F-BCE8D5EAA70B.jpeg

Last edited:
Me and a buddy and our ladies went up to Beasley Sat morning and got after it all day. Camped and polished off every trail with the exception of the famed 93b which we will return and conquer soon! Didn't get many good trail pics but it was a little wet and a lot of steep.

View attachment 2130430View attachment 2130431View attachment 2130432View attachment 2130433View attachment 2130443
That’s awesome! Would you attempt it solo if you’ve never been and had no sliders or winch?

That’s awesome! Would you attempt it solo if you’ve never been and had no sliders or winch?

Do not do Beasly Knob by yourself, even with a winch. If it’s wet, don’t even go.

Last time I went it was like wheeling in peanut butter. Most of the trucks received body damage.

Do not do Beasly Knob by yourself, even with a winch. If it’s wet, don’t even go.

Last time I went it was like wheeling in peanut butter. Most of the trucks received body damage.
Haha ok thanks. I actually looked it up and it looks pretty fun. I’ll wait until I got more armor and a few buddies. Thanks Sammy.

yea I’d agree that’s a 100% no.

While it wasn’t as hard as I expected, without front and rear lockers you're not getting up the first hill if its at all wet. It was pretty wet this past weekend...

LOL. When you texted me about going @bencallaway , I couldn't have said "NOPE" any louder in my head :rofl:

Further proof to corroborate @sammybones account from the same trip, same day.

Also, for some reason I don't see the notifications for this thread/forum. If anyone is looking for riding buddies, feel free to text me. I'll be up for trips again after December. Mine is going in for some work with Ryan in the next few weeks.

20190714_180319.jpg

Truth be told I did incur a little bd myself. s*** was gnarly and I’m very proud of how the 80 did.
8E2566BF-E382-4DA6-A9CB-6A79FF10EE7D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom