Norhern CO help./ Tires for emissions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if someone in the NOCO area had a set of rollers I could borrow for emissions.
Just got back and they said my tires were too big. 33s or smaller. I have 15" rims fwiw.

apparently they wont fit on the dyno....
think I might have found a set.

I have a set of 31's on stock 60 rims still on a rear axle I removed from a parts truck. Not a huge help I know, but borrow a couple of spares and your there! I'm over in Edwards.

there are exceptions if the vehicle came from the factory with bigger tires than can fit on the dyno.

you can read all about it here if you want:

Air Care Colorado :: Quick Information

35's start to hit these little rollers they use to keep the tires from coming off the big rollers. it can get scary if they actually test the vehicle with the bigger tires. Sometimes you can get them to measure the tire and if it measures less than 35" you are good. mine are worn down so the last time they let me through. Sometimes they are sticklers about it and if the tire says "35" on it they just turn you around no matter what they measure.

Wow..... between Colorado and California it just doesnt seem fair.
I feel for you guys....
Glad I live where I do!

I found a donor. it should look pretty funny driving to the emissions with a set of 235s in the rear....

New cars usually don't hit the dyno. That sucks if they do in Colorado. Most states OBII cars only have to be hooked up and the computer read for codes. OBI still has to have the sniffer test. Thats why most of the trucks with big tires never have a problem.

Nice to stick a cam and some longtubes on an LS3 with a tune and still pass the computer test.

My 1982 had to run on the dyno. It looked pretty exciting for the emissions monkey who got to drive it with really wide, out-of-balance 33" MTRs. :D

yeah, me too.. the last time the rig was on the dyno I realized two things, just how bent all of my wheels were, and how jacked up my rear drive shaft was. That and my almost 35's were trying to climb off the little rollers. Holy cow that thing makes a racket on there. I wonder if they've ever lost a car.

I've got narrow 33s on there now (33x10.5 BFG KM2), and on stock steel wheels. Everything is a lot quieter and less jumpy now, so I'm betting that next year's emissions will be less fun to watch. ;)

Passed the test.. and have a set of tires for the next test in two years...

I just had to do this same thing. Passed with flying colors.

Why are you still doing emissions? Have you not applied for collector vehicle status in Colorado?

calphi27, the law in Colorado is no longer 25 years; it's 1976 or older.

So no, nobody with a recently-acquired FJ60 is going to be putting collector plates on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom