No rear markings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
My brother pointed out to me the other day that the rear hatch of my 1999 100 has no markings. It doesn't say ``Land Cruiser'' or `V8' or `4WD' or whatever is back there.

I got scared and looked at the VIN on the hatch and it does match, so no issue there. There is NO evidence even up very close of installation of these markings by adhesive or drilling, what not.

Were these dealership installed?

3fj40 said:
My brother pointed out to me the other day that the rear hatch of my 1999 100 has no markings. It doesn't say ``Land Cruiser'' or `V8' or `4WD' or whatever is back there.

I got scared and looked at the VIN on the hatch and it does match, so no issue there. There is NO evidence even up very close of installation of these markings by adhesive or drilling, what not.

Were these dealership installed?

don't know for sure, but highly unlikely I would imagine.
Strange.
Can a body shop get just the skin for the tailgate?

I think if someone took them off early (when first bought), they could probably get all the glue residue off pretty easily, and the paint wouldn't have had a chance to "fade".

hoser said:
3FJ40, if you prefer, you can install the newer rear emblem.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=61142

The new emblems look great. On the more practical side, they're a HELL of a lot easier to clean than just lettering. On the impractical side, they keep raising the price on 'em... I think the last time I looked, they went up to $90.

IMG_0248.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom