No power from engine to driveshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New centerforce clutch and stock trans/xfer with sbc. This drivetrain was assembled and put aside more than 4 years ago and was put in the vehicle a couple months ago. Cannot get clutch pressure to flywheel. Anything to do with sitting for that long? Scratching my head here and seeing if this rings a bell with any of you before I pull it apart.

install the disc backwards?

Do you have the inspection cover? Should be able to see inside and visually see if things are touching or not, and have an assistant run the pedal and check for disengagement or something wrong.

:dunno:did you get the right bearing?i had the same problem and got a longer bearing out of a 68? works fine now.

Yeah...the disc was in backwards. I was too tired after that job to laugh because even the sticker on the disc that says "flywheel side" was still on it :stupid: !! Still gotta wrestle the trans/xfer back in today. What have you guys used to hold and lift this assembly working from the garage floor. Was wondering if one of those transmission adapters that go into the post on a standard floor jack might help.

helped a friend one time, he rolled down his windows and stuck a wood 4x4 across and used a comealong. worked pretty slick.

wood across the door frames

wood across the full cage spreaders

bench press -- my SM465 is WAY too heavy for this, but I've done the stock 4-speed/t-case combo this way many many times.....tho, maybe this explains my rotator cuff problems...hehehehe (feet towards the engine, press into place with yer arms and get initial alignment, then slide back and with yer hands on the t-case and yer feet on the bellhousing, jiggle into place....cuss words optional...)

I like to use an engine hoist thru the tranny tunnel hole to pick up the combo and sling it into place...Motorcycle tie downs around the pair make end to end height adjustments easy...

Everything is together. I ended up using the transmission adapter welded to a spare floor jack. Put the rear tires on ramps, about 12" high, and with new 35" tires got a lot of room to move around. Worked pretty slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom