No Oil!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to hear it was taken care of properly by the dealer. If the oil light didn't come on and no knocking was heard, then very likely no damage was done...

As a quick side note - it is amazing to me how much abuse a modern engine will take and keep on going. I work part time at a national parts chain, and routinely have customers come in asking me to check their oil, as the oil light has been on for some time. I find cars 3-4 quarts low (out of a total capacity of 5-6 qts). We fill them up and off they go with apparently no major harm being done (at least they aren't knocking when they leave....)

YOu could run oil down to the minimum line, but having wheel lifts in a trail will make the oil pump to run dry. On a flat road, not a problem. But surely not below the minimum line.

good to hear dealer threw in a few items for being careless, but since being so nice you should have had them throw in a 6-12 month engine warranty where they will try to address if you experience any engine issues in the next few months not sure if possible but it's worth asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom