No oil to rocker assemble the dip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Butchk

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm working on a 1978 2f. Trying to prime the system before starting. I'm not getting oil to the rocker assembly. Oil pressure 65 psi. Pulled the dip stick oil is foamy.
Slight leak at the timing cover. Looks like the vacantly of the oil spray screw. Could it be facing the wrong way. I'm using a drill and a screwdriver to prime.

You need to roll the engine over slightly, prime, roll slightly, continue..... Oil will only flow to the top end when the cam is clocked correctly. Do it with the valve cover off and you'll notice right away once you get it aligned correctly.

As for the foamy oil, by priming the engine, you're pushing a LOT of air out of the system. As you keep priming, it'll clear up.

On the timing cover, was the engine fully stripped down and rebuilt? It's pretty common for the oiler nozzle to be screwed in too far. When and if it is, it contacts the block and actually forces the front engine plate out and away from the block and gasket causing a leak.

If the front cover is leaking with the engine not running and just a drill powering the OP, then it's gonna be a gusher when the oil is hot & slippery and being slung off the crank at 3000RPM. It would be prudent to correct this leak now.

The oil will only go through the little passage to the rocker with the cam in a certain clock position. Don't worry about it. Pour the last quart of oil over the rocker, install VC, start the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom