No continuity between terminals on oil pressure sender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
I have a two-terminal oil pressure sender, 83520-60010. Should there be continuity between the two terminals (the central output pole and the ground on the sender housing), or does the circuit only connect above a threshold pressure?

The oil pressure gague was not working in the vehicle, but the wiring was damaged - the braided ground wire from the grey coaxial cable in the wiring harness was missing altogether (and I am rectifying that). Wondering whether to buy a new sender.

Thanks

EO

the 80 series has a separate ground wire (the spade post) that the 60 series does not have. The Sender can still ground through the threads in the block which is how they are original designed.
You should have +12V on the yellow/black wire when key is in the on/run position.

the 80 series has a separate ground wire (the spade post) that the 60 series does not have. The Sender can still ground through the threads in the block which is how they are original designed.
You should have +12V on the yellow/black wire when key is in the on/run position.

The 60 series in this part of the world has the separate ground tab on the sender body - there is a coaxial wire (inner signal, outer ground) on my 1989 BJ60 and I have the wiring harness from a 1985ish BJ60 which has the same set-up.

I've no concern with the feed wires, just asking about continuity in the sender unit itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom