Next Meeting Saturday January 16th 7pm @ Six Mile Pub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Next meeting is Saturday January 16th, 7pm at the 6 Mile Pub in Colwood.

Six Mile Pub

new_banner_3.jpg

Hey guys/gals, looks like it's getting close to that time again.

I'm looking to find a date for the next meet. We used to do weekdays, but many have expressed that weekends are better. So how about the third Saturday of the month?

Saturday January 16th? 6-mile Pub in Victoria? Sound ok? I think we will continue alternating Victoria/mid Island, as there are a few Victoria folk that are not into a drive to Duncan area every month. And also a few mid-island folk not into driving to Victoria?

This meet we will need to address a number of business items. We have an individual who has offered to take the position of Secretary, we need to vote on that. We also are going to begin taking membership dues again this year. We need to discuss the details of this. There are a couple other items too that I will bring up at the meeting

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:
I won't be in attendance, but I will be in favour of the dues when it comes up so you could count my vote.

Wish I could be there but really have to spend every hour possible finishing my project so our family can have a 2nd vehicle again. Sorry.

I support the dues, if I'm able to vote in absentia.

Cheers!

Saturday ... I can do that

I'll make my first appearance... I hope it can be both me and my truck but we will have to see how good of a week I get!

This is more of a presidential decree than a vote if I'm not mistaken...:lol:

44418395.jpg

Which is cool. I think the only reason dues stopped being collected was general disorganization...( we can blame a previous regime, it was hard to impeach without the blue dress)

Last edited:
I am not in favor of dues, unless something is done with them, can't say what. You should just keep it casual as it is, dues tend to drive more people away then come out. Also I know the VP of the ATV club in Cowichan and we where talking of an idea of getting the 2 clubs together and do a trail clean up or some such thing. Unfortunately I will note be able to attend this meeting.

I am not in favor of dues, unless something is done with them, can't say what. You should just keep it casual as it is, dues tend to drive more people away then come out. Also I know the VP of the ATV club in Cowichan and we where talking of an idea of getting the 2 clubs together and do a trail clean up or some such thing. Unfortunately I will note be able to attend this meeting.

Good points Jay. We can table the issue until you can make a meeting. We have been using the dues to pay for food for lunches during club events (on the trail BBQ)...or thats the idea anyhow. When there are a dozen people it can ad up. Anyhow, lots to discuss.

I might be able to swing this one. Last time i left the 6 mile(s***-pile) i ended up in a ditch dodging the popo for a few hours... Bad news bears!
I don't mind dues, think it was a whopping 10 bucks last time. Used for a trail BBQ or something, besides doesn't it keep the club in some sort of not-for-profit registration thing with the gubment?

I don't mind dues, think it was a whopping 10 bucks last time. Used for a trail BBQ or something, besides doesn't it keep the club in some sort of not-for-profit registration thing with the gubment?

That was the idea back in the day but I don't think we ever got that far with paperwork ect... and given that we haven't had proper positions filled (Treasurer, Pres, ect), or proper traceable voting I doubt it is really possible to claim we're a non profit or club or anything similar.

I can't remember the exact reasoning behind it all but I seem to recall something about limiting legal responsibility or something like that.

I don't think 10 bucks is going to drive too many people away... how many are we really talking about anyways, a dozen or so?

150 or so every year to put towards a club bbq or something doesn't seem that bad.

I don't think 10 bucks is going to drive too many people away... how many are we really talking about anyways, a dozen or so?

150 or so every year to put towards a club bbq or something doesn't seem that bad.

Thats where I'm coming from. I'm still out of pocket $75 for the last BBQ up in Nanaimo area. And that was just smokies/chips/etc...lol. Goes to show things can add up quick. For the record, treasurer has my receipt and we'll settle up at the next meet...

Thats where I'm coming from. I'm still out of pocket $75 for the last BBQ up in Nanaimo area. And that was just smokies/chips/etc...lol. Goes to show things can add up quick. For the record, treasurer has my receipt and we'll settle up at the next meet...

Someone buy Nick a beer, for accrued interest...;):beer:

Regarding the club dues, I am planning to make a motion during the meeting that we re-instate them. Some of you who cannot attend the meeting have expressed your feelings here. We will count your votes for/against as you have shared:

For: cruiserpilot, PeeZed, JimJ, seapotato, Rigpig

Against: lineman_fj40

Actually about 20/80 I might show up (ok, 10/90...:lol:)

Swmbo has a do she wants to attend, and I would rather staple my scrotum to an oak chair. So if I do end up in vic, I may be able to fork out dues in person for once....:beer:

Actually about 20/80 I might show up (ok, 10/90...:lol:)

Swmbo has a do she wants to attend, and I would rather staple my scrotum to an oak chair. So if I do end up in vic, I may be able to fork out dues in person for once....:beer:

Nice analogy, made me wince :confused:....you expecting and its a baby shower or something...:eek:

Would be good to have you if you can make it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom