Next Gen Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A guy I know just got a new grand wagoner. I have to say it is an extremely nice vehicle. Interior, fit and finish is impressive. I would say for the vast majority of American car buyers would pick the grand wagoner over a LC/LX every time. I know jeep reliability is questionable at best but Toyota should have taken the 300 down the same road as this new Jeep. He owns the Jeep/Ram dealer and sticker for the GW is $120k he said they start about $85k, so right there with LC/LX.

No split gate but is available with an I6 to make the 80 crowd happy.

A guy I know just got a new grand wagoner. I have to say it is an extremely nice vehicle. Interior, fit and finish is impressive. I would say for the vast majority of American car buyers would pick the grand wagoner over a LC/LX every time. I know jeep reliability is questionable at best but Toyota should have taken the 300 down the same road as this new Jeep. He owns the Jeep/Ram dealer and sticker for the GW is $120k he said they start about $85k, so right there with LC/LX.

No split gate but is available with an I6 to make the 80 crowd happy.

Coincidentally, owning a Jeep dealership is the only scenario in which I'd consider owning a Jeep product.

While the new Wagoneer has the room, power, looks, tech and flash I see an awful lot of them sitting around on lots not selling. I think besides the price tag most aren't willing to take a risk on a relatively unknown quantity especially when it has a six-figure price tag to boot.

I wonder if body on frame or unibody.

Lexus IS building a large unibody in the TX550…..so I wonder if just a badge slap on it for Toyota.
I thought the tx was going to be built in us and crown was japan?

What I read is that the TX will be built in the Sequoia factory in Indiana. Seems a shame to call something TX and not build it in Texas lol.

Oddly enough, I saw one that was broken down this morning and conveniently blocking traffic. Nothing like a total failure on a brand new vehicle.

“Grand Highlander” is such a blatant rip-off of the Jeep name. Were I working tor Toyota I would not want any name confusion that might make a person think Toyota and Jeep created a vehicle together.

Oddly enough, I saw one that was broken down this morning and conveniently blocking traffic. Nothing like a total failure on a brand new vehicle.

“Grand Highlander” is such a blatant rip-off of the Jeep name. Were I working tor Toyota I would not want any name confusion that might make a person think Toyota and Jeep created a vehicle together.
Broken down what?

Broken down what?
Flashers on and unable to move (broken down). Blocking an intersection enough so that everyone was driving around it.

I jumped into the thread at Post #321 and lost focus.

The current model Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

Last edited:
Saw a neighbor with a new Wagoneer in his driveway for less than a week, then a loaner Cherokee for a week before the Wagoneer returned. Make of that what you will...

Saw a neighbor with a new Wagoneer in his driveway for less than a week, then a loaner Cherokee for a week before the Wagoneer returned. Make of that what you will...
The Grand Wagoneer's quality is garbage compared to the LX. And then you still have the regular Wagoneer which is cheaper quality. The only place the wagoneer/grand wagoneer wins against the LX is interior space.

The Grand Wagoneer's quality is garbage compared to the LX. And then you still have the regular Wagoneer which is cheaper quality. The only place the wagoneer/grand wagoneer wins against the LX is interior space.

One of them is very much a disposable product. American cars, of all kinds, are junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom