Next big expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys, I'm out. After a lot of soul searching I decided that the Utah trip is too primitive conditions and communication-wise for me. I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome trip and that I'll be jealous as all get out while you guys are out there but it just isn't gonna happen for me. For sure I'll be following the preparations and whatever daily info you guys post.

You're kidding me! I was going to bring your air filter housing to get it back to you.

Which reminds me, is Utah still limited to 3.2 beer?

Space in the refrigerator is now available for lease by the square inch.

I can bring my new ARB Element fridge, thanks for the reminder.

How far are you guys from BWI? I am looking at a Delta direct both ways out of BWI:

11/1, 7am - 10am
11/10, 940am - 4pm
$283.00

@Crusha the PHL offering I found the other day is unfortunately NLA.

If I get in at 10am I can do a little bit of prep to make sure we can depart SLC on 11/2 as early as possible to head to the trail.

BWI is on the other side of the world for me - about 2 hours unless traffic is bad which it usually is. The $305 fare I originally posted is also NLA but the good news is that I found a $184 fare last night (lower if you don't care about seat assignment). The new fare arrives SLC at 8:23PM and departs SLC at 10:10AM. I'm planning to book tonight for Jeff and I before things change again.

BWI is on the other side of the world for me - about 2 hours unless traffic is bad which it usually is. The $305 fare I originally posted is also NLA but the good news is that I found a $184 fare last night (lower if you don't care about seat assignment). The new fare arrives SLC at 8:23PM and departs SLC at 10:10AM. I'm planning to book tonight for Jeff and I before things change again.
Out of IAD?

Last edited:
Yes, out of IAD. The bad new is that fare is back to $305 today (without seat selection).

Wow a big trip without the Smukster? I guess the founding father group that has not missed a big trip out West will be reduced to Just three now. Crusha, Trafficsux and me. Fortunately Crusha is older than me, so that puts him in the number two seniority seat behind Old Fart. Looking forward to hashing our plans and details at Coalmine and also convincing Gary to reconsider.

Wow a big trip without the Smukster? I guess the founding father group that has not missed a big trip out West will be reduced to Just three now. Crusha, Trafficsux and me. Fortunately Crusha is older than me, so that puts him in the number two seniority seat behind Old Fart. Looking forward to hashing our plans and details at Coalmine and also convincing Gary to reconsider.

the 2019 trip out west I'd like to use my truck, I'll have my drawers and all interior build-out done over winter 18-19. But for fall of 2018, I'm open to being a ride-along and sharing the driving and costs with others. Need to see if i can take such a long stretch off, the end date may require a flight home from Denver, based on a family event already on the books in Nov., awaiting clarification from wife-unit, but maybe not, will dig.

i'm going to be driving from CO back to VA this summer (yes, the eagle is landing finally) so I'll get a sense of the time commitment, hoping do do 3 days (2.5 days: 6hrs, 12hrs, 8 hrs) west to east this time.

Be a blast I'm sure, going with experienced/local knowledge folks is the way to go, and seeing @SAS would be a nice bonus :)

It’s been a very long 3 1/2 years but I have some good news soon

The dates I’m getting back from my wife for a family commitment would be a conflicting overlap with the second part of the trip for sure so definitely not able to commit at this time calling to see what my options are for partial

Crusha is older than me, so that puts him in the number two seniority seat behind Old Fart.

With age comes wisdom...so I've been told. Still waiting for this to ring true, ya damn whippersnapper!

I just remembered Rob from cruise Moab 2016 is from salt lake. He was our trail guide in the first gen Taco. He also has his restaurant in Salt Lake. Great guy. I have his cell and will reach out to him that we will be in the hood.

I just remembered Rob from cruise Moab 2016 is from salt lake. He was our trail guide in the first gen Taco. He also has his restaurant in Salt Lake. Great guy. I have his cell and will reach out to him that we will be in the hood.

Maybe a meal there should happen?

My flight is booked!!!

Arrive 11/1 at 10:30am. Greg is getting in around the same time.

Let's do this!

What's your departure time?

I leave Harrisburg 6am connecting through Detroit and arriving SLC at 10:30am.

On the 10th I depart at 940am.

8B4B61CE-1652-465D-8A1F-7AC537A80EB9.jpeg
70011534-0580-473D-BA25-24EE60A627A5.png

I talked to Rob. Restaurant is still doing well and he would love to see us when we are in town. Link to his place is above and a photo from Moab. He has the hat on.

Flight is booked, arrive at SLC 10:31 am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom