Newby Question What Countries Will Export LHD HZJ 75 series Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
Newby question here. I would like a left hand drive 75 series diesel Troop carrier, and am looking at the possibility of importing one due to the fact the Japanese didn't export them to the U.S. I'm aware of the ridiculous 25 year limit on importing a diesel,.So which countries should I look at for procuring a LHD from? I'd like the HZJ engine and, gawd forbid, an automatic transmission

An Automatic isn't a true necessity, just a consideration.
My new "Bad" knee joint isn't very fond of shifting gears in town.
Another thought is...
What diesel transplant would be a good match to the original drivetrain.
Importing a HZJ ain't cheap!
The 4bt and 6bt cummins are common her in the states. So almost all off the map, Mom and pop parts store will have things needed to repair them. Would the original transmission, transfer case and axles hold up to a pretty much stock swap.
I'm not looking for a tire smoking mother thumper. Just a good reliable back roads rig.
The Isuzu 4bd1t and 2 motors are plentiful and much cheaper than the 4bt. And parts are less expensive and plentiful here as well.
Decisions decisions....

I just want a roomy vehicle for my "Junkin Safari's" road trips. Taking photos and running the backroads seeing America. Something I can throw an air mattress in and A vehicle that'll get good gas mileage and be reliable. Something that will keep up with traffic on the interstates and be able to run down a snowy gravel road without the worry of getting stuck.
Something I can travel the road less traveled and if it breaks down. The parts to fix it will be readily available. No smoke belching mega diesel, Just a good ole reliable rig.

I can find them in Venezuela. Not automatic or diesel but maybe at a price good enough to do the motor and trans work there that would suit your needs.

Let me know if I can help.

Shawn

Switzerland is kinda expensive, generally, as Europe goes. LHD Troop carriers come up regularly in France and Belgium. There's a few in Italy now and then. I've seen them in Poland, Finland, and Germany, too, but with the cold weather (snow and salt on the roads), they're usually pretty rusty there.

As Tony said, 1HZ only became available in Europe in 1993, so, together with the 25 year rule, you're gonna have a hard time finding one. None had automatics. BJ75's are the most common these days, with some PZJ75's showing up now and then.

I've brought a few in. PM me if you're serious and you want some more detailed info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom