Newbie with pics of first adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so bought my first fj40 about a month ago... 1972 with 78' motor, soa on 35's detroit in the rear
l_a6f8d0e890bb4080a22e98cc4b5f704c.jpg

l_5686e009634c4b33b7233a7cbcb7e7e3.jpg

l_9a8e8f4c168e431e8b42f808ac72c8db.jpg

l_89a5add6c91f4c8a9c575f951aa98928.jpg

l_a37d503c9f564a0db250991cc544a964.jpg

SWEET RIG! wish mine had come locked w/ SOA...

a wise man once told me if yr not breakin stuff yr not planin hard enough

welcome to mud! :flipoff2:

Great looking 40, Marduk49!

I grew up in Walla Walla.

That area looks like Nine Mile Road, no?

I am assuming that is the rear pinion. Did the rear axle lock up on you once the pinion gear fell into the third member? That breakage will keep happening unless an axle antiwrap bar is put on the rear axle. Spring wrap is the pits!

its up black snake, and ya the pinion fell back into the third member had to pull both covers off the diff so we could pull out what was left so i could drive home in 4 using the front tires, so ya looking into a design for the anit wrap bar BamBar - Ultimate Anti-Wrap Solution - Jeepaholics Anonymous the one on the web site is for a jeep but im thinking i can modify it for my offset difff on the crusier, anyway let me know what you guys think, thanks

its up black snake, and ya the pinion fell back into the third member had to pull both covers off the diff so we could pull out what was left so i could drive home in 4 using the front tires, so ya looking into a design for the anit wrap bar BamBar - Ultimate Anti-Wrap Solution - Jeepaholics Anonymous the one on the web site is for a jeep but im thinking i can modify it for my offset difff on the crusier, anyway let me know what you guys think, thanks

Do a search for traction bar and antiwrap bar here and you will find designs made for a cruiser that are much better than that one.

hey thanks for that idea, checked out camcrusier13's post looks pretty good... well see how long it takes me to round up parts,
by the way im in the market for a replacement third member

Third Member

I just took the stock axles out of my 72 and would sell you the rear axle if needed. You need to get it fixed so you can go play in the snow! I am located in Pendleton, Oregon.

Welcome to mud! Nice pics. Looks like CA plates. Where did you get the 40?

NIce rig....looks that you start learning from the good stuff..after you put the antiwrap.....put bolts on your tag.jajajajaja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom