Newbie tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, Newbie here. Just picked up a 98 Cruiser and need to put some new rubber on it. I read that 285/75/16 is the biggest I can go stock. Will the tires rub at all with daily driving? I want to go with BFG all-terrains. I'm open to more tire suggestions and pics if anyone has any. Thanks :beer:

there is a reason it was decided that size is the biggest, that reason is because it wont rub anything. Enjoy.

285s is the way to go.
i think if you search you will find most are happy with em
i like my toyo at for pavement pounding but look around and see what you like and think about how much you plan to go off road .drive in snow etc.

Not sure the BFG AT is the right fit for Florida. Here in Colorado it's tops.

I'm very happy with my 285 Revos but will go BFG here in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info guys. I've always been a fan of the BFG All Terrain on my previous vehicles. It's the best looking tire in my opinion and off road handling is decent, I remember they were easy to pack with mud though and you had to get the wheels spinning to sling it out and get them clean again for traction.:cheers:

Sweet, We have a place off Commercial and A1A, near Lauderdale by the Sea. Ill be down in that area in a few weeks, great place.

You might want to consider some 285 Nitto's or Toyo A/T. Much better mileage out of them in Florida. The BFG's are a great tire but if there isn't any wheeling (other than the landfill, how cool would it be to wheel over dead freezers and baby diapers) around it's overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom