Newbie Q 2: Fender Flairs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In anticipation of Rino Lining or some such coating on my flairs, I pulled them off.
Now I’m very much liking the look of the truck without the flairs (except for the mounting holes of course).

Anyone out there in 80 land running sans flairs? Easy to fill and paint the holes by a competent body man? And more importantly, is it a mistake in terms of flinging mud and rocks everywhere? Looks like the tires will extend beyond the body, especially in the rear.

If I do keep them, I know there are lots of folks with Rino or other textured coated flairs. Opinions on stuff and how to apply??

grassy-assy!

juane
1996 FZJ80, work in progress
1984 FJ60 Built to the hilt, for sale

I line-Xd mine. It cost me $125 for all four. It is very durable, but you can obtain the same look for much cheaper.

If I were you, I'd:

1. Peel of the rubber on each flare and order some new from your local dealer (the rubber tends to get hard and remove paint with age).

2. Go to your local Auto parts store and get a few cans of Duplicolor Bedliner. It is less than $5 per can and the finished product is very similar in look to Line-X.

3. Rough up your flares with sandpaper.

4. Paint

5. Apply new rubber gasket

6. Stand back and drool...

Juane,

You pull those flairs and I WILL NOT go on the trail with you.

[sans]
This is the second time this month I heard the word "sans". I asked the woman what the word "sans" meant? She said 'naked'. It had to do with a hottub :eek: Too bad there wasen't a hottub around :'(
kurt

Kurt,

Sans means "without."

Sans flairs = without flares
Sans bathing suit = naked
Sans brains = you're probably catching on now.... :D

-B-

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=3831;start=0#msg28119 date=1058755979]
Juane,

You pull those flairs and I WILL NOT go on the trail with you.
[/quote]

Well, how much are you going charge me for new gaskets?

juane
(who will stick with Budwieser, thank you very much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom