New Years Ride Jan 2-5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you have no idea....

So hopefully I'm getting to the beginning of the end of this little saga but first to catch you guys up.

After getting back to ATL (which was an event itself) I took the truck over to a trusted mechanic for a good looking at and let him do it the job on the side. A couple days later the initial report came back with 3 popped freeze plugs and 2 cracked cylinder heads. Well, that sucks but at least it was manageable at +/-$1800. So, after a couple more days to shop around for parts we ended up ordering new heads, gaskets, plugs, water pump etc....

Next day, parts are in, now I'm a grand lighter in the wallet and my mechanic is loaded down and headed back to his shop. About an hour later I get a call that starts with "We're done!!" and from the sound of his voice whatever was comin' next wasn't gonna be good news. Apparently a crack in the block had decided to come out of hiding after a lot of time and effort, Yippee!!

So, after getting the "good" news I decided to spend this past week researching options. Replace with reman, rebuild, get used, or just sell the damned truck as is were all options. After doing all the math, frankly, in the end there' just no cheap, easy, or correct solution, just pick your poison because know matter what ya do you're forked.

So, on Monday it's going into a shop to get a heart transplant, 0 mile motor with a 3 yr warranty. Anyone wanna buy a truck? :bang:

20140111_110547 w circle.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear all that Ted. I hope u get it worked out.

You know this is a good time to upgrade to a cummins :flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone on the road.

Do it !!!!!! I love mine

waaaayyy too expensive

I bet you were sick to your stomach. Sort to near about ail this. What do you think was the cause? The below freezing temps?

Heifer-net

oh that's no mystery. Take 1 night, 1 part absolute friggingheadupasscompletemoronstupidshitidioticmofopieceofdogcrap owner and 1 part water w/ no anti-freeze in coolant system. Now let it set out in 9* overnight and WHAMMO! Ya got a broken motor. :confused:

waaaayyy too expensive

Nah u just gotta look I got mine for a steal lol get ya an old 12 valve dually lmao.

Frozen Water will mess you up!!! We drain the Fire Engine Pumps so they don't freeze driving down the road in that kind of weather!!!

the cycle is now complete, I am once again whole and all junk back where it should be. We can now delete this damned thread and forget it ever happened. :cheers:

the cycle is now complete, I am once again whole and all junk back where it should be. We can now delete this damned thread and forget it ever happened. :cheers:

Forget it ?

image-2368253289.jpg

image-3692366417.jpg

It will be remembered FOREVER!!! :)

Oh and that's your other heap on my truck bout to head to storage for 2 months ! :flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone 60' up in a lift

image-2368253289.jpg

image-3692366417.jpg

Forget it ?

It will be remembered FOREVER!!! :)

Oh and that's your other heap on my truck bout to head to storage for 2 months ! :flipoff2:

I'm gonna remember this post next time you need a winch cable. :flipoff2:

Those are such terribly wonderful pics Zack. Got BOTH of his rigs, in all their shame, in both pictures.

IH8MUD on Android

Lmao it's epic

I'm startin' a list.

Let me help get it goin!!

image-2398143243.jpg

Here u go again working on the heap.
That was a power steering problem I think ! Keep in mind this is all the same trip ! :)

image-2398143243.jpg

power steering pump will be replaced next weekend and might as well throw in the broken window a few hours later. Uh, that was on the trail you COULDN'T do I think. :flipoff2:

Thanks again for the goodie bag Ted!! You didn't have to do that. Hope to see you guys soon.

power steering pump will be replaced next weekend and might as well throw in the broken window a few hours later. Uh, that was on the trail you COULDN'T do I think. :flipoff2:

Haha yea I hear had a broke cv

Sent from my iPhone back on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom