New Years Ride Jan 2-5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Forecast is clear except Thursday and then cold, dress warm there Nicky!!
So its gonna rain and then freeze.... Walden's Ridge is when?

IH8MUD on Android

So its gonna rain and then freeze.... Walden's Ridge is when?

IH8MUD on Android

We will be there Friday morning very early.

Let me know what day y'all plan to hit waldens ridge and we will bypass it or stay on the easy stuff

Any pictures guys?

Leaving out now see y'all at 7 am

Cold and slippery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Pic here

Posted via IH8MUD app

1388773667320.jpg

That looks awesome. COLD as balls, but still Awesome. Hope Nick brought his longhandles.

Looking forward to some great pictures.

Nice pics. That looks a bit chilly. More pics of that yellow 40!

^^ LMAO! Post another one when you see it pulling out of camp :eek:

Look what I found in my barn today!!! Santa said i was really good this year.

image-2785837358.jpg

image-592991376.jpg

Woot! I have to get a "Barn" before next Christmas so Santa can bring me something cool to stash in it next year.

What happened to Ted's rig? Musta been pretty bad for them to bring it down off the Mtn to store it under the barn. Either that or they had WAAAYYYY to much white lightenin and your fire drew them in like a moth to the flame.

I'll let Ted tell the story. I just have a place where he can park his truck and trailer that was somewhat close to Windrock. When he comes and gets his truck it's gonna have a Appalachia Cruisers and an Orange Power T Sticker on it :)

I'll let Ted tell the story. I just have a place where he can park his truck and trailer that was somewhat close to Windrock. When he comes and gets his truck it's gonna have a Appalachia Cruisers and an Orange Power T Sticker on it :)

I want a fancy sticker plz.!!

Lol come on Ted tell the story !?!?

alright guys, sorry for the delay on details but it's been an interesting few days. There's just too many facets but here's the short version.

Things pretty much starting going south on Friday after my Dodge took a dump, not knowing the problem for sure we went wheeling until about 4:00 to look into the dodge closer. Compression was poor, would run if holding at 1500RPM but wouldn't hold an idle. Long story short...oil/water mixture in motor so Dodge is done, hoping only head gasket.

From there we formulated a plan to tow my trailer and crawler to Rance's with Zack's tow rig and then get my Dodge to Atlanta on Steve's trailer. By 12:00 Saturday we'd delivered my junk at Rance's dad's place north of Knox (THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!) and then shot back to WR to load Steve's trailer and get the heck out of town.

By 2:30 Steve and I were on the road headed toward ATL with Zack about 10 minutes ahead. We made it about 30 miles south of Knoxville when we lost a wheel bearing on the trailer. After 2-3 hours of phone calls and road side voodoo repairs we drove back to Knoxville with the a trailer axle chained up and minus 2 trailer tires looking for a big rig shop.

By 8:30 we finally started south again doing about 55 MPH, $100 lighter and pretty much in the same exact condition. We poked along I75 the entire way finally rolling into my neighborhood at 1:30 this morning, unloaded my truck in the driveway and Steve left about 2:30 this morning beat down.

As of right now I have a blown motor and Steve has parked the flat bed here in ATL for repairs next weekend. So, assuming he doesn't end up in a ditch on the way home to Memphis everyone should at least be back in there rightful places.

Last edited:
Didn't know you had trailer trouble too. You should have called.

Didn't know you had trailer trouble too. You should have called.

Thanks but there was nothing anyone could have done unless you had in hand the exact bearing we needed along with a 4-7/8" Socket and a 4' long breaker bar.

I don't think either of us took (or wanted to) any pics of the carnage this weekend, frankly I'm still sick about my truck and I'm sure Steve feels the same way about his trailer but you should've seen the wheel bearing. About half of the bearings are permanently fuzed together from the heat wasn't perty! :hmm:

Dam guys, sorry it was such a wicked rough weekend. Hopefully the dodge fix won't be too bad.

Definitely not what I was expecting (or would want) to hear. Looking for Steve to confirm he has made it back safely.

Sorry about yalls trouble. Never like hearing about problems with road going vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom