New UCA puts my tire right at the frame... help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
life.joeljenkins.me
I feel like I haven't done anything out of the ordinary here. I put in an Old Man Emu 2" life (Shock + Coils) several months ago, installed some 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and then did some fender trimming. I was able to get my full crank to crank turning radius.

Over the weekend I put in new OEM lower control arms + cam alignment bolts and Freedom Off Road upper control arms that are for lifted rigs. I also installed 1.25" spacers to push my tires out. (Only had 1/4" spacers before) Now, my tires are perilously close to the frame when I get about 80% cranked left and right.

Do I need to go to 1" spacers? I've seen several posts about 1.25" spacers so I thought that was the right size to do.

What else can I do to get my full turning radius back?

Is it the Lexus Lean that's cursing me? Do I need a spacer on top of the shock?

IMG_1549.jpeg

Last edited:
It's your spacer that cause it.
You need to push LCA as much forward as possible. This is done by adjusotn the cam bolt. Front all the way in and rear all the way out.
You also need to do body mount chop

What wheel offset are you using. It should not go much less than -12 mm offset. Anymore would need more cutting.

It's your spacer that cause it.
You need to push LCA as much forward as possible. This is done by adjusotn the cam bolt. Front all the way in and rear all the way out.
You also need to do body mount chop

What wheel offset are you using. It should not go much less than -12 mm offset. Anymore would need more cutting.
Stock Lexus wheels at the moment. I was wondering if I could move the wheel forward/back - so I'll have to fiddle around with those cam bolts. I'm glad I bought new ones since the originals were so incredibly rusty.

Body mount chop - I need to saw off part of the body mount there that's in the picture?

It's your tires. They are too big.

Need to cut body mount to clear your tires if you want to keep your spacers. Or get different wheels but still might need to cut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom