New to the Pavement Crew (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings everyone - I am 1 week into this amazing build by Chris Wade and really enjoying getting to know this rig. She's an 81 and all stock/original and my first success was figuring out why the cooling fan was not working....one 5A fuse later and shes running again like a champ. Interesting that it has taken me almost 2 years of searching around the country for an example like this....some were questionable, some were nice and some were very expensive....but go figure that the one I ended up with was in Newnan just south of me. Hoping to meet up with a few of you in the future (located in Marietta).

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

Nice! Where in Marietta are you? I’m in Woodstock but in Cobb county.
In east Cobb, near Sandy plains and Shallowford rd. I also attend Sunday Morning Car Worship which is on Hwy 92 near you as well:

SUNDAY MORNING (CAR) WORSHIP
Roswell Car Meet
- There is an alternative car meet to Caffeine & Octane show on the first Sunday morning of every month. It is called Sunday Morning "Worship" (No religious affiliation) and we meet at Panera Bread on Highway 92 and Bowen Road in Roswell (in Front of the Super Target) Usually 8-10ish. About 40-50 cars, wide variety with a lot of MGs, Triumphs, Porsches, Cobras, Miatas and other cars. There is even a Fiat Arcturas that shows up. Stop by and check it out!

Greetings everyone - I am 1 week into this amazing build by Chris Wade and really enjoying getting to know this rig. She's an 81 and all stock/original and my first success was figuring out why the cooling fan was not working....one 5A fuse later and shes running again like a champ. Interesting that it has taken me almost 2 years of searching around the country for an example like this....some were questionable, some were nice and some were very expensive....but go figure that the one I ended up with was in Newnan just south of me. Hoping to meet up with a few of you in the future (located in Marietta).

View attachment 3005311

View attachment 3005312

View attachment 3005318

View attachment 3005319

View attachment 3005320

Always laugh at the pavement connection because my visual is best described as Mall Crawlers is Us.

Laughter aside. Your post on the beer-n-tire kicking thread indicated that you are seeking a line wrench for a power steering leak. What size and other criteria are you needing?
Even if you are in upscale Ferrari Marietta, Kennesaw isn't to far away. Let me know if I can be of aid.

In east Cobb, near Sandy plains and Shallowford rd. I also attend Sunday Morning Car Worship which is on Hwy 92 near you as well:

SUNDAY MORNING (CAR) WORSHIP
Roswell Car Meet
- There is an alternative car meet to Caffeine & Octane show on the first Sunday morning of every month. It is called Sunday Morning "Worship" (No religious affiliation) and we meet at Panera Bread on Highway 92 and Bowen Road in Roswell (in Front of the Super Target) Usually 8-10ish. About 40-50 cars, wide variety with a lot of MGs, Triumphs, Porsches, Cobras, Miatas and other cars. There is even a Fiat Arcturas that shows up. Stop by and check it out!
FB group
With local north Georgia folks

AE6C9887-5684-44AB-A813-C16E57412906.png

Always laugh at the pavement connection because my visual is best described as Mall Crawlers is Us.

Laughter aside. Your post on the beer-n-tire kicking thread indicated that you are seeking a line wrench for a power steering leak. What size and other criteria are you needing?
Even if you are in upscale Ferrari Marietta, Kennesaw isn't to far away. Let me know if I can be of aid.
Thanks @LDowney - I grabbed a cheap set from Harbor yesterday and gonna try and get this sorted out today. Was really bad yesterday. I was not a happy camper. Hoping today has some better results. I just want to enjoy this rig.

Thanks @LDowney - I grabbed a cheap set from Harbor yesterday and gonna try and get this sorted out today. Was really bad yesterday. I was not a happy camper. Hoping today has some better results. I just want to enjoy this rig.

Good luck. With summer temps finally here, you may get to invest some extra sweat equity in her.

FYI I picked up a set of HB flare wrenches and have broken several when I have used them to apply real torque [when required by the situation].
So you might encounter this too

Good luck. With summer temps finally here, you may get to invest some extra sweat equity in her.

FYI I picked up a set of HB flare wrenches and have broken several when I have used them to apply real torque [when required by the situation].
So you might encounter this too
Jesus…don’t tell me that. They are crude and short. No leverage. Where you using them on hydraulic type fittings (PS, brakes, etc)?

Jesus…don’t tell me that. They are crude and short. No leverage. Where you using them on hydraulic type fittings (PS, brakes, etc)?
Yes, exactly.

Now for such cases when I don't have the strength and/or angle to apply my weight, I have a set of metric flare crow type sockets that help break something loose or apply the final 1/4 turn to be fully tight.

Yes, exactly.

Now for such cases when I don't have the strength and/or angle to apply my weight, I have a set of metric flare crow type sockets that help break something loose or apply the final 1/4 turn to be fully tight.
This is exactly what I used it for and seemed to have worked like a charm.

Congratulations on getting your leak fixed. Sometimes is does require the right tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom