New to the forum, 5th Gen 4Runner w/ICON (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All, I have a very "pretty" 5th gen premium w/Icon stage 1 lift and some 285 duratracs. Still have a huge loan and miss my 4th gen V8, thinking about getting a cheaper gx470 with low miles to mod. Can my Icon lift be reconfigured to work, or would I need to start from scratch? Not a ton of info on modding the GX, so I figured I would ask.

Pretty sure the 5th gen is the 150 platform so the gear wont work with the older models (120 series). 2010+ is different from 2003-2009

Thanks for the reply, I figured that was probably the case. I suppose I can always pay the 4runner down and then swap the gear to GX460 :)

I have longer term plans on a 460. I like your idea ;)

I would double check with Icon but I'm pretty sure all your Icon parts will swap over. Check the part numbers between the 2 models.

I would double check with Icon but I'm pretty sure all your Icon parts will swap over. Check the part numbers between the 2 models.

Yeah, my wife is in need of a new car pretty soon, so I will probably go for the GX470 in the next month or two. Then she is getting an RX350, unless she loved the Gx :) I will double check with icon.

Actually..... just called ICON, they said my 5th gen coil-overs will fit OK on on Gx470/prado120 :) They mentioned something about needing rear end-links, can call metaltec. Anyway, it sounds workable, without complete retooling :)

Not to get side tracked, but will my 285/70r17 duratracs fit on stock rims and stock UCAs or do the need to get swapped?

285s will work with some trimming of the front bumper, and youre gonna need to remove running boards for sure

uhhh im not so sure that the 285s will work with the stock rims... the offset on those is not quite enough. tundra rims or FJC rims and some of the 4runner rims and you should be good, but the GX rims i dont think will work without spacers, or an aftermarket UCA. i could be wrong but i dont think i am

Thanks for all the info. I spoke with Mark from MetalTec and he had some great info also. Apparently the only difference between the ICON on the 120/150 (4th vs 5th gen runner) is the sway bar relocate and the small aluminum bushings on the LCA mount, everything else is identical.

Thanks for the rim info also, looks like and 8" with 0-offset would work good for the GX (same for a 4th gen). My 5th Gen 4runner is +15 stock (vs +25), so I have been able to get away with stock so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom