New to me 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! I just picked up a used Black Onyx 2010 LX570 last week. She's got 122K miles on the odometer. Pretty clean besides some tears in the driver's seat, and the driver side mirror not power folding properly. I bought this truck as something to do it all, for a long time. I couldn't resist wheeling on the first day, out at Bridgeport OHV park. Even on very 'street' Michelins at 20 psi I was thoroughly impressed. I already knew how capable the 200 series was, but experiencing it for myself was something else. I did put a scratch on the side step and rear bumper, the first of many I'm sure. When they get too beat up I'll figure something out for sliders (I know, not that easy on the Lexus) and install the ARB rear bumper. I live way out in the sticks where deer impacts are the norm, so the ARB front bumper is high on my list of purchases. Any recommendations for a spring upgrade when I do put a bumper on it? I'd like to retain the AHC until it fails, but I don't want to speed that up by not compensating for the extra weight all that steel will add.

I used to have a 2009 LX. I hated the taillights. I replaced them with the 2013 taillights. Made a big difference. Less chrome. That’s an easy upgrade. I also replaced the chrome door handles with 2009 black LC door handles and the chrome trim on the windows with black LC trim.

I eventually flipped out and blacked out the whole truck. And replaced the rims with 2013 rims. But those initial items were cheap and easy upgrades to de-cheesy the truck.

From a practical perspective, you can pick up 18” Tundra or LC rims easy for better off-roading.

I don’t think your AHC will fail. Not on a 200. I don’t know about upgrading springs etc.

4541A63C-DCDC-4261-83D2-1C29D807CA66.jpeg

0D589CDE-023F-43C1-B46D-C49C6664C6A1.jpeg

Hello everyone! I just picked up a used Black Onyx 2010 LX570 last week. She's got 122K miles on the odometer. Pretty clean besides some tears in the driver's seat, and the driver side mirror not power folding properly. I bought this truck as something to do it all, for a long time. I couldn't resist wheeling on the first day, out at Bridgeport OHV park. Even on very 'street' Michelins at 20 psi I was thoroughly impressed. I already knew how capable the 200 series was, but experiencing it for myself was something else. I did put a scratch on the side step and rear bumper, the first of many I'm sure. When they get too beat up I'll figure something out for sliders (I know, not that easy on the Lexus) and install the ARB rear bumper. I live way out in the sticks where deer impacts are the norm, so the ARB front bumper is high on my list of purchases. Any recommendations for a spring upgrade when I do put a bumper on it? I'd like to retain the AHC until it fails, but I don't want to speed that up by not compensating for the extra weight all that steel will add.
From what I have read and experienced* the AHC is powerful, robust and reliable. I have loaded 1k lbs of QuicKrete andnot had an issue. *I can’t speak to the front. One member here did use 100 series springs in the rear to compensate for a bumper and loaded drawers with good results FWIW.

I used to tow a 12,000 lb plus boat with my LX. Never had any AHC issues.

If i just saw this pic on the internet, then i would be saying that it was photoshopped! Now, that is taking towing to the next level! :D Talk about maxing out the frame and powertrain design limits!

If i just saw this pic on the internet, then i would be saying that it was photoshopped! Now, that is taking towing to the next level! :D Talk about maxing out the frame and powertrain design limits!

Yeah. The usual tow is about 6 blocks I think twice with the LC. I have towed it 10 miles two times, and about 5 miles two times (all with the LX I used to have). I drive slowly and am careful with it. That pic was actually when we had a tropical storm coming and had to pull it out.

I have ARB Deluxe bull bumper on the front with 9500 winch and ARB rear (no tire holder) and the AHC has not had a hiccup in 50k+ miles. It is bullet proof. Remember that it is a hydrolic system not an air system. Much more stout.

How much of a lift does the AHC give you when raised? I read somewhere that the 470 was 1”?

I’m a noob and lurking in all these threads to learn over time about the LC and LX before I buy one.

How much of a lift does the AHC give you when raised? I read somewhere that the 470 was 1”?

I’m a noob and lurking in all these threads to learn over time about the LC and LX before I buy one.
2” in High, and when the truck senses it is stuck, I.e. wheels are turning but no movement. It can increase height 1-1 1/2” more. It won’t stay that high after it is unstuck as it maxes out suspension travel.

I have ARB Deluxe bull bumper on the front with 9500 winch and ARB rear (no tire holder) and the AHC has not had a hiccup in 50k+ miles. It is bullet proof. Remember that it is a hydrolic system not an air system. Much more stout.
Awesome, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. How many miles did the truck have when you put the bumper on? I'm assuming the AHC automatically accounts for the added weight and keeps the same ride height? (That's kinda the point lol). Also, do you have the sensors adjusted to get the extra lift in normal mode? Thanks for your response.

The two ways to augment for weight are coil spacers and stiffer springs. Not a lot of solid info around for spring rates. Most of the spring replacements are for armored vehicles or really heavy rigs. The coil spacer is a stock TLC part and has been used to get a bit more duty from the stock spring. Probably a good solution for something like the 200 lbs of a bullbar plus winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom