New to me 40th AE Refresh Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s healthy perspective and I’m going to have to shut off the OCD as well. Getting the old stuff off was tedious but semi-successful. I got my kit on Amazon I believe but it was 2.5 months ago so I could be mistaken. Here’s a pic:

View attachment 2660545
Do you have a link where you found that kit?

This build has progressed very nicely. Great job and vision for bringing this truck back.

Last edited:
Fantastic so far. Your interior seat recovers turned out great. I found a local high end hot rod interior shop to squeeze me in to install my new covers. I ended up ordering from Mosley. I am excited to get started on them. After the seats are done, I only have left a few minor oil leaks and a leaky brake valve to replace and I should be ready for the summer car shows. I am in the exact same spot on engines. I have 288k and it runs like a top. I am plan to run the 6 till at least 300k then decide if I go LS1, 4.7, or rebuild. Something in me wants to see that red and black Corvette engine cover under the hood, but not until the 6 gives its final gasp.

I am really enjoying your build. It continues to inspire me on my light restoration. I just don't see many 40th Anniversary models out there. Currently, I only see one for sale in the nation. It is looks like a decent one but it is priced at $20k.
988B6AC2-EB97-4CC3-BCB0-21D9761691B7.jpeg

Fantastic so far. Your interior seat recovers turned out great. I found a local high end hot rod interior shop to squeeze me in to install my new covers. I ended up ordering from Mosley. I am excited to get started on them. After the seats are done, I only have left a few minor oil leaks and a leaky brake valve to replace and I should be ready for the summer car shows. I am in the exact same spot on engines. I have 288k and it runs like a top. I am plan to run the 6 till at least 300k then decide if I go LS1, 4.7, or rebuild. Something in me wants to see that red and black Corvette engine cover under the hood, but not until the 6 gives its final gasp.

I am really enjoying your build. It continues to inspire me on my light restoration. I just don't see many 40th Anniversary models out there. Currently, I only see one for sale in the nation. It is looks like a decent one but it is priced at $20k.
View attachment 2667938
She’s gorgeous- I absolutely love your lift and clean look. Thanks for the compliment it’s really great to be part of this passionate community. I’m glad I was able to “save” this rig.

I’ve had 4 corvettes in a row (C5,C6, C7) before getting my last daily. I LOVE the LS and have been very tempted. The truth is the cruiser feels a little underpowered but I like the idea of keeping it original. That being said, if Valley Hybrids wasn’t a 2 year wait, I would likely pull the trigger now lol. I’m also tempted with the 2UZ but from what I was told would be an issue for smog here in California. Ive gotten in touch with a shop here in California for replacement motor and they are about 6 months out for a fresh all OEM rebuild.

She’s gorgeous- I absolutely love your lift and clean look. Thanks for the compliment it’s really great to be part of this passionate community. I’m glad I was able to “save” this rig.

I’ve had 4 corvettes in a row (C5,C6, C7) before getting my last daily. I LOVE the LS and have been very tempted. The truth is the cruiser feels a little underpowered but I like the idea of keeping it original. That being said, if Valley Hybrids wasn’t a 2 year wait, I would likely pull the trigger now lol. I’m also tempted with the 2UZ but from what I was told would be an issue for smog here in California. Ive gotten in touch with a shop here in California for replacement motor and they are about 6 months out for a fresh all OEM rebuild.
Same here too. I have an 88 Convertible and love it. One of my local shops is perfecting a 4.7 swap and I am keeping an eye on that build to see how it goes. the LS2 / 3 build would be easier but still lots of custom work involved with dash, shifter, trans, etc. etc. My truck runs so well and I really don't need more horse power driving it on sunny days below 40 mph to keep the bugs off of the new front end parts:)

Here’s the Audio setup. In time I plan on moving the sub to the stock location in a hidden panel. For now, it’ll go in the Downfiring box so I won’t lose too much utility. It’s a 10” sub.

View attachment 2665329

View attachment 2665330
I think this Kenwood unit will integrate with one of those engine monitor systems allowing you to read OBD2 outputs via your radio head screen. That would be cool to have on any car. Useless, but very cool.

I think this Kenwood unit will integrate with one of those engine monitor systems allowing you to read OBD2 outputs via your radio head screen. That would be cool to have on any car. Useless, but very cool.
It should.. and you're right, totally useless for me lol. I drove about 100 miles yesterday to give it a good shake down and everything is great! On the highway, I do wish it had a couple more gears to keep the revs down. The seats feel really good, though I wish I had seen the Mosley w/ cooling option before I purchased these. Maybe next time!

Haha! Honestly, they feel a little rubbery but for only a few hundred dollars they’ll do just fine. The original stuff wasn’t much better. Kind of cheesy but I love it- very 90’s.
Do you happen to have the Amazon link for the dash kit you ordered?

Thanks.

Also got new Dobinson coil springs (stock height) and all new OEM bushings. Waiting on the rear springs to get delivered, but I got the front springs and bushings installed- The results are pretty good. Much better ride compared to the old/worn out stock parts and the car doesn’t “crash” as much over bumps. The shocks were all replaced with OEM in March.

E9597422-3488-48F6-9003-B1CCC1D8B6C8.jpeg

7A700391-436A-4389-B1B6-827341D87DF5.jpeg

10D81E14-1C26-4873-BB8D-80871BFFA8A4.jpeg

That looks great. Is that applied over the existing wood grain or do you have to remove the old wood first?

Thanks.
I removed the old wood trim as it was all faded and pretty brittle. Took a couple hours with a heat gun and various tools to remove. The glue was pretty tough but it came off eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom