New tire carrier solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the stainless steel cable housing! Looks good and functional.

I meant to ask if any additional trailer plug harness is needed or did you just elongated the light cables to the trailer oem trailer plug?

Can you please message me or show pics of how is connected.. Not good with wiring..

Thank you

nope..basically wire a flat 4 plug into the flat 4 OEM wiring to plate lights ( E Bay)

Quick disconnect if needed.......unplug it !

I like that it replaces the factory hitch and has recovery points. I also like that it seems to hold the tire closer to the body and vertical.

I don't like the tube side wings.

Price point of ~$600 would be a big plus (vs ~$1,000 for its comps).

Would/could it come with license plate light kit and maybe camera relocation kit? Those are always of concern when I contemplate these type setups. Light kit would be basic enough, camera would take some thought to integrate properly.

That looks really good. Looks pretty similar to what I built for my 4Runner (minus the tire carrier). I think you'd sell a ton of them to 4Runner owners. They should bolt up assuming they bolt to the same frame location as the GX bolt on full trailer hitch. I would suggest adding plates like mine has. If you're rock crawling they're really useful for sliding off rocks.

259315d1499703162-rubicon-trip-report-minimalist-rear-bumper-protection-bolt-20170710_071653-1024x768-jpg

OP sold his GX and hasn't posted in months since it sold.

I wanted a rear tire carrier that didn't require some huge heavy bumper or cutting into the stock bumper cover
I stumbled on to this unit made for the Prado 150 and I'm working to get a unit to test with the GX460 rear bumper.

What I'm looking for is some feedback as they want me to become a dealer for them in the US (Admin: I do not currently do retail sales, just considering it)

So post up what you think!

View attachment 2153497View attachment 2153498View attachment 2153499View attachment 2153500
I m super interested in this , any luck so far any web,how to order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom