New Thule Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got it working, the connection closest to the hitch had corroded a little. That being said, the connectors on the lights are all in bad shape, the bulbs are very loose and its just generally in poor condition. Anyways - I've fixed it up as much as I can. I just need it to last the 4-month journey ;)

I have to still get it registered. Took 3 weeks to get a DMV appointment, which I have next week. Hoping it goes smooth since we leave to drive from New Jersey to New Mexico the following week 🤞

I got it working, the connection closest to the hitch had corroded a little. That being said, the connectors on the lights are all in bad shape, the bulbs are very loose and its just generally in poor condition. Anyways - I've fixed it up as much as I can. I just need it to last the 4-month journey ;)

I have to still get it registered. Took 3 weeks to get a DMV appointment, which I have next week. Hoping it goes smooth since we leave to drive from New Jersey to New Mexico the following week 🤞
Wow! 3 weeks! I did my registration online here in NYC. Got approved the next day.

Hey folks.

My right turn signal stopped working. Left works, brakes work, running lights work. I swapped the bulbs from the left and it still doesn't work - anyone experience this? not sure if it's a common fault or not. Time to break out the multimeter I guess
I rewired the whole damned thing after when bringing it home the shorted out, crap wiring job blew out my running lights at night... LED lights and new and improved wire loom.

I rewired the whole damned thing after when bringing it home the shorted out, crap wiring job blew out my running lights at night... LED lights and new and improved wire loom.
What light fixtures did you end up using?

What light fixtures did you end up using?
I used these along with the wiring kit:

Amazon product ASIN B00DD0CMU0
Amazon product ASIN B01MXDNA63
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AYFTV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To be sure, rewiring is going the extra distance but I had solid reason to do so. When the trailer was put together the wiring was caught between the frame and the box and shorted out. Not good at speed, southbound on I-5 after dark...

Finally took it out last night! Hamptons for the week. It drove great, but I’m still a bit nervous about the rack- especially when hitting bumps on the road. But we made it! 🎉

8C53D960-CACB-425F-9295-D4F718AD5E3C.jpeg

The lock on my 1205 fell apart durning my last trip. The lock core and handle are lying on some backwoods road. Any idea where to get a replacement. None of the ones that I’ve found post to US
Hello! I'm new here. I just bought a 1900 (N3205) and my lock also fell off on a bumpy road and was lost. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Thanks!

Hello! I'm new here. I just bought a 1900 (N3205) and my lock also fell off on a bumpy road and was lost. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Thanks!
Somewhere in Europe sells brender parts, but they don’t ship to US. Found them on EBAY

Somewhere in Europe sells brender parts, but they don’t ship to US. Found them on EBAY

Neither Brenderup nor any of their UK dealers have been any help in my search for a new lock. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of a decent aftermarket solution? I've already checked with local truck and trailer supply shops as well as a locksmith with no success.

Another 'new' owner here because of this long running thread and purchased from a member here, so happy to have one to tow behind my VW Westfalia and Tundra on longer trips.

Unfortunately my trailer has the same malady as the above poster in that the lid lock has fallen off and is missing.

I tried emailing Brenderup, and looked on Ebay with no success. Really interested if someone else finds a source for these so I can stop using a tie down cord!

From my reading here, the larger thule 1700 is a Brenderup 1205, and the smaller 1500 Thule is a Brenderup 1150?

From an earlier quote I saw this, not sure if the parts are correct for the smaller trailer?

@Whisper327 trailertek.com used to sell them as there is where I purchased my spare but looks like they no longer do. you many want to try contacting them asking if they can get the following:

BF479 - "Locking Hook for Brenderup ABS Lid"
BF33059 - "Lock for Brenderup ABS lid"

Thanks for any advice you can give, and thanks for such a great thread and resource!

@Whisper327 trailertek.com used to sell them as there is where I purchased my spare but looks like they no longer do. you many want to try contacting them asking if they can get the following:

BF479 - "Locking Hook for Brenderup ABS Lid"
BF33059 - "Lock for Brenderup ABS lid"

Like this:
1960f4d1-aa64-408a-b804-7561edd1f46f-jpeg.1941609
Awesome! Are those the Space Trailer latches?

Thank you for that, they don't ship to the US unfortunately but that gives me something to use to email some others.

Hey everyone. I wonder if one of you can help me with an axle mount question. Is the axle supposed to me mounted so that the bracket straddles the large crossmember in the middle of the trailer? Mine was mounted so the rearward bolt was through the crossmember but the forward mounting hole was well forward of the crossmember. I've taken 3 pretty long trips with the trailer and on this last one the front mounting bolts ripped out of the trailer frame because the metal is fairly light gauge and whoever assembled it put the washers under the thick axle bracket instead of on top of the thinner frame rail. Was lucky I had driven to a Champcar race that weekend and had my mig welder with me. Had to weld it up in the parking lot to get home!

If you can please post a pic of how your axle is mounted. this is the larger 1700 trailer.

Thanks in advance!

65135310560__59B6E1FD-BFC0-4E99-872B-3D2D0DA90FE2.jpg

65135316811__1889368B-FEB7-44AB-BB17-AA5060017062.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom