New Thule Trailer (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the hardware in. Seems like none of the nuts fit the M8 Bumax screw. Hmm....

3C05BCFA-E33A-48AB-854A-698E4886D94C.jpeg

Looks damn good!!
Thanks to you!

how long did it take you to figure this whole thing out?

If it was me doing this from scratch- I definitely would’ve had to make at least 10 separate orders from them 🤣🤣

Also, what made you use 1x3 extrusions rather than the 1.5 x 1.5 for the cross bars?

Thanks to you!

how long did it take you to figure this whole thing out?

If it was me doing this from scratch- I definitely would’ve had to make at least 10 separate orders from them 🤣🤣

Also, what made you use 1x3 extrusions rather than the 1.5 x 1.5 for the cross bars?

I spec'ed it all out on paper first. I ended up with 2 orders total: (1) the initial list like yours, (2) the order with the crossbars and M8 t-nuts.

I went with the 1x3 Series 10 as I have a roof rack (Prinsu) on my Tacoma that utilized 1x2 Series 10 so to keep the attachments on the rack similar I went with Series 10 for the crossbars vs the larger Series 15. I went 1x3 vs 1x2 Series 10 so I could center up the mount to the vertical bars with the middle slot.

@perkj hey! Where exactly did you place the washers on the long extrusions with the Bumax bolts?

While I had the cover off the trailer and I had 4 additional M8 bolts - I ended up adding 2 bolts on each side for the long extrusions...

Last edited:
Just found this forum. I have the larger Thule N3205. Really glad to see everyone's ideas for bike racks, etc. I was looking for replacement gas struts for the trailer top which is what led me here. I just found them at LiftSupportsDepot.com for $19.94 each. Thought I'd post in case others are struggling to find these.

Here is my setup
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 11.02.19 AM.png

Thule Fan Boy Pic right there :) ....... RTT and Trailer!

Been following this thread for quite some time now....keep up the good work!

Thought I’d share with y’all how I’ve temporarily dealt with gassed lift pistons.
I procured (stole from the office) a medium spring clip, used a piece of flat vinyl strap I found in the shop and cut some pieces of a bicycle inner tube to line the loop of said strap. Unbolted bottom end of each piston, sleeved These over and clamp the spring clip at the hydraulic end when I raise the lid.
do intend to replace the pistons but have a long list ahead of those.
1000 words x 2 =

33D715D0-7FE0-48A4-96A4-4F8B2353C220.jpeg

D79740DC-DFAA-40AC-BBC3-D785D2D44394.jpeg

@perkj hey! Where exactly did you place the washers on the long extrusions with the Bumax bolts?

While I had the cover off the trailer and I had 4 additional M8 bolts - I ended up adding 2 bolts on each side for the long extrusions...
@noelskii washers were used between the bolt head and the frame in the inside of the lid

Hey @perkj

did you use a transition bracket here?
View attachment 2699373

I’m currently just using the 1.5x1.5 extrusions for the crossbars since I don’t have the proper bolts for the 1x3…
Hey @perkj

did you use a transition bracket here?
View attachment 2699373

No transition bracket. Its just a 15 Series bracket with a 1/4-20 thread bolt going into the 10 Series. Note I used a washer since the hole is oversized for the 1/4-20. You may want to go with a more stout bracket there with the RTT on top to prevent any sheering....like that bracket used to tie the upright to the base long piece (which by the way I see missing in your pics :) )

No transition bracket. Its just a 15 Series bracket with a 1/4-20 thread bolt going into the 10 Series. Note I used a washer since the hole is oversized for the 1/4-20. You may want to go with a more stout bracket there with the RTT on top to prevent any sheering....like that bracket used to tie the upright to the base long piece (which by the way I see missing in your pics :) )

Everything attached except for the black plastic end caps. But I’m still wondering if these extrusions held by a few bolts are really strong enough for a 150lb RTT driving around… is the weight evenly distributed to the 4 uprights? Would it make a difference if I added 1 more upright on each side?

Still trying to figure out a way to make the rack stronger…

877116BE-FAC8-4DB1-98DB-3360B5837FA0.jpeg

Hey folks.

My right turn signal stopped working. Left works, brakes work, running lights work. I swapped the bulbs from the left and it still doesn't work - anyone experience this? not sure if it's a common fault or not. Time to break out the multimeter I guess

Hey folks.

My right turn signal stopped working. Left works, brakes work, running lights work. I swapped the bulbs from the left and it still doesn't work - anyone experience this? not sure if it's a common fault or not. Time to break out the multimeter I guess

Check the contact in the bulb socket as it may needed to be lifted/bent up a bit to make contact with he bulb. Worst case scenario is that the contact broke and you'll need a new light....this happened to me. You can source the lights on eBay.

Check the contact in the bulb socket as it may needed to be lifted/bent up a bit to make contact with he bulb. Worst case scenario is that the contact broke and you'll need a new light....this happened to me. You can source the lights on eBay.
What light did you go with? I too have a faulty one with an intermittent short that seems to be in the base.
These trailers are getting to the age that the plastics in the lights are aging out - and mine was garage kept nearly it’s whole life. My lenses look great though. I tried finding a lamp base to fit the tail lamp housing but haven’t had luck this far.
I also plan to rewire to ditch the twist connectors and the extra 50 feet of wiring bundled up below.

What light did you go with? I too have a faulty one with an intermittent short that seems to be in the base.
These trailers are getting to the age that the plastics in the lights are aging out - and mine was garage kept nearly it’s whole life. My lenses look great though. I tried finding a lamp base to fit the tail lamp housing but haven’t had luck this far.
I also plan to rewire to ditch the twist connectors and the extra 50 feet of wiring bundled up below.
Here are the exact same ones and who I ordered from. Note they come from the UK: JOKON 710 95mm ROUND REAR STOP / TAIL LIGHT LAMP ELDDIS BAILEY CARAVAN MOTORHOME | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/222549078688

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom