New Thule Trailer (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@perkj Spider webzzzzzzzzzz Hahahaha!

I blasted a bunch off Saturday while washing the trailer in prep for this year's trip (if no one comes down with anything...) to Mammoth.

@perkj Spider webzzzzzzzzzz Hahahaha!

I blasted a bunch off Saturday while washing the trailer in prep for this year's trip (if no one comes down with anything...) to Mammoth.

@Sir Velo LOL! I was expecting that comment. That is from 1 week in my garage while we spent some time out of town in the LR3 that is normally in the garage. Normally outside covered under the tarp results in hardly any webs. Go figure lol

Would love to find one of these trailers - if anyone has any leads please let me know. I am going to post a WANTED ad in the classifieds too.

Would love to find one of these trailers - if anyone has any leads please let me know. I am going to post a WANTED ad in the classifieds too.
I have a Thule in Idaho that we will be selling this summer. New tires and a spare

17608282-2D7E-4D12-8BBF-68A8A7687CBB.jpeg

I have a Thule in Idaho that we will be selling this summer. New tires and a spare

View attachment 2552244
Over in WA (Seattle area) and might also be interested. I've been looking for a light utility option and this seems great. Also oddly hard to find info on. I saw a ton of them in Germany (not all Thule) a few years ago and they have been in the back of my mind since.

Were there two models of the Thule that were imported. I was looking at some of the 1700 series but the one above looks small. Maybe it is just the picture.

I am also looking at the SPACE version but would like to save a few bucks and find something used.

Thats possible. They make a 1'x1", however that said both Thule and Yakima make t-bolt assessors for their newer style aero bars. Heck you can even utilized the Aero bars as I had initially planned to do:

35b524fd-bcb9-4aab-bff4-b856712e9cd6-jpeg.1630568

View attachment 1630568
Thanks for putting out the information for building the rack set up. I have everything in hand and I had a question. Did you remove the original spacers from the bolts holding down the lid and then sandwich the trailer cover between the extrusion rail and the steel lid frame?
Thanks.

Thanks for putting out the information for building the rack set up. I have everything in hand and I had a question. Did you remove the original spacers from the bolts holding down the lid and then sandwich the trailer cover between the extrusion rail and the steel lid frame?
Thanks.
@Planet can you take a picture of the spacers you're referring to? I'm not recalling the spacers since I added the rack so long ago

Last edited:
Wanted to share my version of a below-deck spare mount. Heavy on the overkill, definitely not the cheapest way to do it, but a lot of the materials I already had on hand.
I first bought a spare tire carrier from under a 90s Dodge Dakota as found at my local U Pull it salvage place. Couldn’t quickly conceive a simple way to mount that, so I shelved it.
after a few leisurely hours, I:
Assembled with stainless nylock nuts & ss bolts; Ubolts at the axle that span up through the low profile unistrut, and a 90* unistrut connector (to locate the spare side to side). The spring at the top is a trampoline spring hooked to the PO-built, rebar cooler cradle. The spring is taut enough I easily use one of my brake spring pliers to connect-disconnect-so those are tucked away inside. I did use button head carriage bolts at the T where the spring connects, as those bolt heads do touch the sidewalk. We set out soon for our maiden voyage.
A52E16E7-B8EC-4BDC-B713-2FAE3931C47B.jpeg
DEB7953E-C05B-497D-9DF6-96CDFA49C2EE.jpeg

@Vintage56 looks good, but what happens if that spring fails? with the way these light trailers can bounce around, that spring has me a little concerned.

If you notice the cable threaded through, that’s my “suspenders” to supplement the “belt.” If the spring fails, the cable is threaded soundly enough that nothing will sag more than an inch or two and the way it’s woven, can’t fall out any which way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom