New Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just took a little trip to Slee Offroad and came back with some new springs. :beer:

Here is a pic of the front spring

And the rear.
:cheers:
Sean

O.K. I'll be the first to admit.... I'm jealous...

What springs are they and whats the lift? They look a little taller than "J" springs :D

They have a super secret coded part # that I was having a hard time getting out of Christo. They give a 6" lift. :D And they ride beauty on the hwy to boot. Less body roll. :D
Sean

I'm making the trip through CO at the end of the month (Moving from CA, back to MN) maybe I need to talk with Christo about the super-secret spings... I WANT SOME!

Sean

What else did Christo have to do to the truck to run 6" lift springs? Any changes to front driveshaft, caster, vibrations, etc?

Its now time for larger tires :flipoff2:

Joe

Slee offroad put in slee front control arms, a double cardan front drive shaft, adjustable panhard rods, and a slightly larger front swaybar drop blocks.
Sean

What shocks are you running then? Or did you change the shock mounts? Looks pretty good. Hmmm! Maybe the 94 will get new springs instead of hand me downs from the 91?

It has the OME "long" shocks. N73L in the front and N74L in the rear.
Sean

So are they custom, one-offs that you had made or something that Christo will be offering soon?

I had looked into getting some custom springs made a few months back. But the wedding/honeymoon and now the move back to MN has put any Cruiser mods on "hold" for now.

I would check with Christo as to availability. I believe they were made to his specifications.
Sean

Sean,

Wow, those springs are the MacDaddy! Will you be going to different shocks?

-B-

He now sports a lightened billfold as well :rolleyes:

B, I have not thought about different shocks, although before I do some serious wheeling, I have to address the bump stops.
By different shocks did you mean something like the adjustable rancho RS9000 shocks?
Sean

Sean,
Or custom shocks.

You'll have to drop the bump stops a good 5" or so if my calculations are correct.
-B-

Sean

I think Mr. B, means you need a longer shock stroke length. Currently, depending on how much droop you want, the OME shocks are the limiting factor of articulation. Getting some longer shocks and new lowered / longer bumpstomps will allow some awesome droop with those springs & new arms.

How was the gas mileage in that uber-lifted cruiser?

Joe

Joe, From Denver to Fernie which is about 1000 miles I got 14mpg (US gallon), averaging 70-75 mph. As for the bump stops Christo has something he is waiting for. :D
Sean

Great - now send me your old springs and shocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom