New Product: ARB Old Man Emu Upper Control Arms (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just here for the reviews on the OME UCA. Considering them for the Tacoma. Different application, but the design is similar.

No issues at all with mine.. but only 3k miles on them so far. will be doing it’s first real roadtrip with them starting next week, and there will be some off-road use. I’ll post if I have any issues.

I ordered the old OME setup. Non bp51 set. No luck. Contemplating if I should go the bilstein route.

No luck re what?
Do you mean you couldn’t find any available?

Just installed a set of these last night. Seemed really nice. You do have to spread them a little bit to fit that second washer in (I used a crow bar while installing). Clever little storage cap for the grease zerk.

One question - do these come pre-greased or are we supposed to pump some grease into the zerk before we disconnect it? Instructions didn't mention either way.

Just installed a set of these last night. Seemed really nice. You do have to spread them a little bit to fit that second washer in (I used a crow bar while installing). Clever little storage cap for the grease zerk.

One question - do these come pre-greased or are we supposed to pump some grease into the zerk before we disconnect it? Instructions didn't mention either way.
Not sure. I used Visa to install mine. I saw a little dab of grease near the top so I’m sure they were lubed one way or another. When I talked to ARB the gentleman didn’t seem to think the type of grease mattered. I’d be interested to hear what everyone uses here.

I have put about 10k miles on mine. all hiway, no complaints. No noise. Perfect alignment.

When I spoke to cruiser outfitters last month they were still recommending SPC over these as they said there was more adjustability.

When I spoke to cruiser outfitters last month they were still recommending SPC over these as they said there was more adjustability.
That's true, SPC's can give you the best possible alignment since they have the adjustability. That said, being adjustable and having to set them, some shops freak out when you ask them to set the alignment, and fixed non-adjustable UCA's (like OME, TC, etc) are super straight forward since there's nothing to adjust or set.

Yeah. That’s why I went with Ironman that has the 4deg built into it. And uses OEM style bushings and uni ball so easier to repair if you out in the middle of no where. And don’t have to find a shop that is familiar with spc.

But I was very very close to going bp-51 with their UCA.

BTW WHEELERoffroad had the best price for OME. 10% for new users and no tax and free shipping.

That's true, SPC's can give you the best possible alignment since they have the adjustability. That said, being adjustable and having to set them, some shops freak out when you ask them to set the alignment, and fixed non-adjustable UCA's (like OME, TC, etc) are super straight forward since there's nothing to adjust or set.

Do you sell the OME? I'm guessing not since they are pretty much direct competition for Dobinsons.

I have a couple thousand miles on mine. I don't even know they're there? Now if I could find where the other noises are coming from... :rolleyes:

The crap Dorman LCAs that I put on are good for about 12 months before the LBJ starts making noises. I just warranty them out and get whole new arms, but that shouldn't be a 12 month service item. Considering biting the bullet and going back OEM since those lasted a good long while and the Moog reviews are either hit or miss.

I run, and am very happy with, the Dobinsons UCA. They use high quality replaceable Triple 5 ball joints made in Japan.

Do you sell the OME? I'm guessing not since they are pretty much direct competition for Dobinsons.
No, I don't. I had considered offering them, but since they're almost never in stock too, it's not worth it. I sell Dobinsons, SPC, and Dirt King UCA's.

Yeah. That’s why I went with Ironman that has the 4deg built into it. And uses OEM style bushings and uni ball so easier to repair if you out in the middle of no where. And don’t have to find a shop that is familiar with spc.

But I was very very close to going bp-51 with their UCA.

BTW WHEELERoffroad had the best price for OME. 10% for new users and no tax and free shipping.
Thank you for the heads up on WHEELEROFROAD. was able to order them for $504.00 out the door with the 10% off. They are on back order until beginning of September but so is my Bilstein's, so I wait now.

Thank you for the heads up on WHEELEROFROAD. was able to order them for $504.00 out the door with the 10% off. They are on back order until beginning of September but so is my Bilstein's, so I wait now.
I had installed Tough Dog suspension with a 2inch lift and Tough dog UCA on my LC200, was happy with the suspension as it performs well and has no issues as of now. But the UCA bushes were replaced almost 3 times within a period of 7 months and it makes squeaky noise badly. I am fed up and planning to replace the tough dog UCA with ARB UCA after a lot of research...TC was another option but considering the price as well I think ARB would be a better choice as it costs only half of TC here...

Been running these OME/ARB UCAs for past year, zero issues or complaints. I'm not hardcore like some but go to the local ski hills daily and hit the trails here and there. Bought them based on my shops recommendation and couldn't be happier (Shout out to team at @Mule XO). Love the setup so much been tempted to start another project ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom